Albion Rovers vs Clyde

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

Chapman signed him at the same time as Lamont and Munro and he stayed until the end of the season. Was on the bench pretty much every week he just never got a game!

He was with us until January, and then we got Gourlay on loan again and he and Currie rotated a bit during the run-in. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, the_bully_wee said:

He was with us until January, and then we got Gourlay on loan again and he and Currie rotated a bit during the run-in. 

That's it. I actually doubted the end of the season thing myself as soon as I'd posted it and went away to check.

13 hours ago, Bulstrode said:

Yes an example of this is Albion Rovers who spent big while in League 1 and the lack of a fanbase won't sustain lavish spending.

Believe the Shire money is as a result of people putting money in to fund it, rather than maxing out the credit card, so it's not really the same thing. Only becomes a problem if the money is pulled mid-season and guys still have to be paid. 

7 hours ago, nickCFC58 said:

What ever happened to Hopkirk? Was he not meant to be quite decent

He had personal problems so never kicked a ball for us. Was a bit disappointed cause he could have been a very good addition to the squad.

I think Lennon would recruit well should we go up to League 1. Think our defence is solid but another full back and/ or centre back for cover would be a shout.

Banks back on loan and another midfielder would be a must as would another striker or 2 to partner Goodwillie. 

Goodwillie is just on one of those runs where nothings falling for him. The ball took a massive bobble on saturday as he went to hit it. Any other pitch in the league and thats a goal. As soon as he gets one he will go onto get another 6 or 7!

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I think Lennon would recruit well should we go up to League 1. Think our defence is solid but another full back and/ or centre back for cover would be a shout.

Banks back on loan and another midfielder would be a must as would another striker or 2 to partner Goodwillie. 

Goodwillie is just on one of those runs where nothings falling for him. The ball took a massive bobble on saturday as he went to hit it. Any other pitch in the league and thats a goal. As soon as he gets one he will go onto get another 6 or 7!

Agreed regarding recruitment if we can see our way to going up. Lennon, having worked with most of those who contributed little or nothing previously, has his hands tied like most, and took a gamble. I would suggest going higher up, would attract the sort of  correct characters who have an eye on getting into tier 2, hopefully lessening our chances of getting fucked around again by tossers like Ferns and Belmokhtar. 

1 minute ago, Chris_the_rover said:
7 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:
Made a great save from Goodwillie at his top left post, looked goal bound all the way.

He makes saves like that scarily often. I dread to think how far behind berwick we would be without him

Then he made a howler of a simple shot down his throat, probably because of the pitch but it’s what keepers at this level do. Currie down at Annan made the best reaction save I’ve ever seen live but he’s capable of throwing the odd one in as well. You’ll obviously never get the complete goalkeeper but it’s good to see there’s talent at this level. 

Archived