Albion Rovers vs Clyde

11 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Imagine calling that midden a stadium! Public parks have better surfaces and facilities!

Boy I was at the game with summed it up perfectly. "The only part of Cliftonhill that isn't a toilet is the toilet"

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde fans are an angry bunch it has to be said. Cross between a Trump rally and a NASCAR meet.

Probably the best football team I have see at Cliftonhill this season and challenging for the title. I wonder what they would be like at the bottom of the table.

The game itself I thought Clyde just edged it for their second half display. Not one for the purists which suited us. Rovers quite correctly tried to stop them playing and were doing that fairly well along with some half chances in the 1st half and then Smart's effort that smacked off the post. We weren't a million miles away from getting something from the game. 

16 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Their name is just two suffixes picked out a hat and rammed together. 

Hopefully they go down and are never seen again. 

Any club from L2 that gets relegated will never be seen again. Fact.

24 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Any club from L2 that gets relegated will never be seen again. Fact.

All down to circumstance. Believe Shire are spending a few quid next season. In any case, going down to the Lowland League in five or six years won't be the disaster it is now when the junior clubs with healthy supports start to populate it. 

Probably the best football team I have see at Cliftonhill this season and challenging for the title.  

Probably one of our worst performances of the season in which we struggled to string two passes together, particularly in the first half.

Your statement makes me think of how bad other away teams must have been for you to form that opinion.

4 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Probably one of our worst performances of the season in which we struggled to string two passes together, particularly in the first half.

Your statement makes me think of how bad other away teams must have been for you to form that opinion.

Again it's all relative I suppose. For 3/4 of the season all teams have had to do is score the first goal and the towel gets checked in by us and other teams have taken the foot off the pedal so it has been quite difficult to guage how good teams actually are.

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

All down to circumstance. Believe Shire are spending a few quid next season. In any case, going down to the Lowland League in five or six years won't be the disaster it is now when the junior clubs with healthy supports start to populate it. 

Probably true with the overall quality and attendances there is potential there. I do fear for Rovers though. Probably looking at the turnover being halved in the immediate future.

Very hard game yesterday, Rover’s Tactics were good pressured well, not an easy park to play on for obviously reasons the home team know it a lot better than us, thought we were mince first half, second half came out lookin for a goal.. good atmosphere good celebrations.

all the best Rovers, hope you’s stay up 

That was a huge result yesterday! Despite what the table will suggest .

There is no way the Jim Duffy or Barry Ferguson team would have won that game!

There is absolutely something about this present Clyde team, I have had most of my confidence in thinking we will ever actually get out of this league, after 10 years plus of abject misery knocked out of me, however I really do think this side is capable of actually doing something.

Really looking forward to next week now, if Peterhead beat us at Broadwood come Saturday then fair play to them and all deserved credit because they will have beaten a highly motivated and talented squad of players.

Bring on the challenge!

Massive thanks and credit to Danny Lennon and Allan Moore brilliant job guys!!

And what exactly are the Shire going to spend their few quid on? A stadium or spunk it on players? Nah they've found their level.

15 minutes ago, Bulstrode said:
1 hour ago, an86 said:

And what exactly are the Shire going to spend their few quid on? A stadium or spunk it on players? Nah they've found their level.

Playing budget, I believe. Spending few quid can go a long way to success, as is evident at the top end of our own league. 

32 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

That was a huge result yesterday! Despite what the table will suggest .

There is no way the Jim Duffy or Barry Ferguson team would have won that game!

There is absolutely something about this present Clyde team, I have had most of my confidence in thinking we will ever actually get out of this league, after 10 years plus of abject misery knocked out of me, however I really do think this side is capable of actually doing something.

Really looking forward to next week now, if Peterhead beat us at Broadwood come Saturday then fair play to them and all deserved credit because they will have beaten a highly motivated and talented squad of players.

Bring on the challenge!

Massive thanks and credit to Danny Lennon and Allan Moore brilliant job guys!!

couldnt agree more, havent felt so good as a clyde fan in a long long time and not had this much trust in a clyde team since Roberts left.  Just hope we get the result next week and take it to the last game of the season at the very least.  Think we will need to go up this season to retain most of the squad. Heard theres already scouts looking at Lang

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Another example of why the pyranid system is only a good thing for Scottish football. The attendances some junior teams get is huge in comparison to some of the LL teams. 

feel like one of the biggest improvements this season has been the fitness of the squad. Consistently scoring late on is proof that we are able to go until the very end. compared to some of the players at the likes of Rovers / Annan etc we are miles ahead.  also reckon we could do things next year if we go up and retain as much of this squad as possible. 

2 minutes ago, nickCFC58 said:

feel like one of the biggest improvements this season has been the fitness of the squad. Consistently scoring late on is proof that we are able to go until the very end. compared to some of the players at the likes of Rovers / Annan etc we are miles ahead.  also reckon we could do things next year if we go up and retain as much of this squad as possible. 

If we go up with this squad plus a few additions i reckon we would be mid table or thereabouts. 

2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Clyde fans are an angry bunch it has to be said. Cross between a Trump rally and a NASCAR meet.

I think you’ll find it’s the Democrats that are  the angry mob - howling at the moon and arranging attacks on themselves to blame Trump supporters, assisted by the media that clearly hates the president that the people elected.

Otherwise, good.

16 minutes ago, WBR said:

I think you’ll find it’s the Democrats that are  the angry mob - howling at the moon and arranging attacks on themselves to blame Trump supporters, assisted by the media that clearly hates the president that the people elected.

Otherwise, good.

^^^^^^^^ A deplorable speaks ....

2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Probably the best football team I have see at Cliftonhill this season and challenging for the title. I wonder what they would be like at the bottom of the table.

The game itself I thought Clyde just edged it for their second half display. Not one for the purists which suited us. Rovers quite correctly tried to stop them playing and were doing that fairly well along with some half chances in the 1st half and then Smart's effort that smacked off the post. We weren't a million miles away from getting something from the game. 

Check their team lines...8)

Archived