Albion Rovers vs Clyde

5 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Until Goodwillie - somehow - missed that, it was only ever going to be a 1-0 or 0-0. Went the correct way in the end.

Still better than any league one cf?

Still better than any league one cf?
Definitely. I championed Steven Fletcher as Scotland's main striker for a long time based on his skill set rather than his goals; the goals aren't coming for Goodwillie at the moment, but his overall play and the fear he strikes into teams is more than enough for me. Today's was an incredibly tight and scrappy game and as I said, if there was a goal in it then it was the odd one. Ball bobbled, without a doubt, but he had so much time and Love square that it shouldn't have been an issue. I just hope he can get one soon, for his own mentality and confidence more than anything else.

As predicted, Rovers were much improved on the complete rabble we faced in December. The pitch didn't help us at all, but we struggled to penetrate in any meaningful way at all before taking the lead. Certainly established ourselves as the dominant force after half time, though, and deserved the win overall. Good to get that one out the road with three points in the bank.

Game went exactly as it thought it might. It was always going to be a scrap and Albion Rovers were much improved from earlier in the season. We struggled badly on a very bobbly pitch but were the better team after the break IMO and after we scored that was game over. 

Goody’s miss at the end was unbelieavable but in his defence, the ball hit a huge bobble just as he went to shoot. Smart played exactly as I remember him, undoubtedly has his moments where he looks dangerous because clearly nobody has a clue what he’s going to do with the ball (himself included) but then he also seems to have no idea about being streetwise in his approach and managing a game. 

Nice to see us continue to grind out wins, for years that’s the game we’d have lost 1-0, keeps the momentum going assuming we’re going to be (only) in the playoffs. In saying that, huge game next week and a chance to make things interesting going into the final few fixtures.

Rovers are much improved from the last time we were at Cliftonhill. They battled for every ball and had the best of a poor first half. We couldn't string a pass together and not a shot on goal from either side.

We picked it up a bit in the second half with Morrison doing well to tip a Rumsby header over the bar and save close range from Love, I think. Morrison has really stood out in the games against us. Didn't think it was going to happen as the game wore on but McNiff scored a header from an excellent Rankin cross. Goodwillie should have scored right at the death but its just no happening for him in front of goal at the moment.

Pretty poor from us to be honest but at least we ground out the win.

That pitch is absolutely criminal. Makes the game a lottery. Bizarre as from ground level it actually looks okay but you could tell during the warm-up that the ball was going to bobble everywhere.

A tough game but if you take Smart hitting the post out of it, Albion were barely in our half after the break. Even after we scored. A bit of patience and the goal finally came.

Some really poor performances; I can't remember the last time Cuddihy was that bad. Syvertsen won't be in the team next week. Rumsby, McStay, McNiff did okay.

Next two Saturdays should be more interesting.

I thought that was pretty embarrassing from clyde fans behind the goals, 3 times they were on the pitch including after the goal when you would think they had won the world cup.

Goal was a great cross in. Won by the rapist when he done his best impression of a Boeing 747 mid flight, 10s all round from the judges.

Very even game and I feel a draw would have been fair in the sence that clyde tried to play and rovers knew their best tactic was to stop them by hell or high water.