Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

On 10/04/2019 at 11:46, tommyboy said:

I know the seats are a tad uncomfortable,but that's surely a bit harsh,larky.:huh:

Anyhoo,here's some info..admittedly (as can be seen from the photies and the stadium name) just a wee bit out of date  but still accurate re pubs,parking etc.,that may help to enhance the match day experience for the Ayrshire legions.:)

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl-premier-and-football-league-clubs/scottish-premier-league/hamilton-academical-new-douglas-park.html

Disregard the 'no parking available at the ground itself' advice. There will be parking spaces available,on a first come,first served basis,at both the front and the side of the stadium. 

On 31/05/2019 at 02:14, btw lads said:

aye but it's all we have,

thoct it might have been on thone new bbc scotland channel?

Depends on conditions of the deal. It may be with Alba which is not solely a BBC owned channel therefore rights might not be able to hop about.

8 minutes ago, ftk said:

All Ayrshire cup final. Should have been at Somerset.

Proper stadium. And surface!

Agreed but Ayr United were emailed twice for the use of the ground and never replied so the sjfa did try and get another venue

Agreed but Ayr United were emailed twice for the use of the ground and never replied so the sjfa did try and get another venue

Sounds like typical Ayr Utd. Run by numpties. ☹

11 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Are they ex directory?

It's also worth pointing out that the Senior season begins again on 13/7 so there will be friendlies taking place within the next 3-4 weeks - goalmouths needing reseeding will be being done now as the non-play off sides were done with 18-19 a month ago.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Guest Moomintroll
All Ayrshire cup final. Should have been at Somerset.

Proper stadium. And surface!
Much as it pains me I have to agree, Somerset would have been ideal in terms of access & atmosphere, one of my favourite away grounds. I get what wow-wee is saying about the e-mails being ignored but ffs, pick up the phone & talk to someone, if they aren't interested in hosting then fair enough but that is a pathetic excuse.

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Are they ex directory?

It's also worth pointing out that the Senior season begins again on 13/7 so there will be friendlies taking place within the next 3-4 weeks - goalmouths needing reseeding will be being done now as the non-play off sides were done with 18-19 a month ago.

Your right they could have picked up the phone but the simple answer to this not getting a grass pitch is hold the junior cup final at the beginning of May.

Edited by wow-wee

Good luck to both teams today shame about the venue and that horrible surface I will watch it on tv today because of this but hope you all put a good show on for the juniors! 
Not one opposing team has complained about the surface this season.

Good luck to Talbot this afternoon.

Not one opposing team has complained about the surface this season.  Good luck to Talbot this afternoon. 

Come on, it was 2007... I don’t harbour a grudge against a Lithgae livewire for ruining Alan McCabe’s career in our final. I’m a decent individual, at least. 

Though Largs are apparently loathed by some Rose fans, your committee still invited us to your Scottish FA Cup match later in 2007/08.

Come on, it was 2007... I don’t harbour a grudge against a Lithgae livewire for ruining Alan McCabe’s career in our final. I’m a decent individual, at least. Though Largs are apparently loathed by some Rose fans, your committee still invited us to your Scottish FA Cup match later in 2007/08.

Nae idea what you are talking about