Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

I wonder how much the artificial pitch will favour Largs given that they play on one regularly.  

The date is set, so frustrating as it is there's not much to be done about it now. For me it's not so much the ridiculous length of the wait, or the lack of decent stadium options, but the fact that  player fatigue will be impacting the quality of the spectacle after the usual intensive fixture catch up period.  Talbot in particular have a rake of matches to play even if they go out of the WOS. 

The main issue for me about Accies park is because there is only the 2 stands (not counting the gazebo thingy) it means one set of supporters (probably Largs) will be housed behind the goals which kinda spoils it for me in terms of viewing and atmosphere anytime I go there

Shouldn’t the team which wins the toss for home advantage get the home stand?

29 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I wonder how much the artificial pitch will favour Largs given that they play on one regularly.  

The date is set, so frustrating as it is there's not much to be done about it now. For me it's not so much the ridiculous length of the wait, or the lack of decent stadium options, but the fact that  player fatigue will be impacting the quality of the spectacle after the usual intensive fixture catch up period.  Talbot in particular have a rake of matches to play even if they go out of the WOS. 

So it IS the ridiculous wait then?

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Shouldn’t the team which wins the toss for home advantage get the home stand?

That would be OK if both stands held enough for each support but the one behind the goals only holds around 2500 and I'm assuming Auchinleck will bring a lot more than that. I suppose you could always split the main stand like they do when Accies play the old firm or use the gazebo which I think holds about 200

Edited by santheman

That would be OK if both stands held enough for each support but the one behind the goals only holds around 2500 and I'm assuming Auchinleck will bring a lot more than that. I suppose you could always split the main stand like they do when Accies play the old firm or use the gazebo which I think holds about 200

Think it holds 500? They didnt fill the big stand at Killie last year so I think its fair for it to be decided by the home advantage thing. Largs and neutrals would fill the main stand, let the Auchinleck fans fill the stand behind the goal completely and bring a bit of atmosphere.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

So it IS the ridiculous wait then?

Aye ah suppose it is ya pedantic pie. :lol:

The wait is always brutal but this year is going to make the Brexit process feel concise. 

I wouldn't mind the duration if we  didn't so frequently see a pair of sides wilting in the heat if a June day on a snasher of a plastic pitch.

Playing at such high intensity for next the 8 weeks or whatever is going to take it out of FT players never mind PT ones with jobs, it robs the players of the chance to do themselves justice on the biggest stage many of them will ever perform on which is a bit of a shame. 

Edited by Shanner

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I see it's listed on the SJFA website as Largs Thistle v Auchinleck Talbot. Does that mean it has been decided and Largs are the "home team"?

Talbot have Accies old stand, That should make them the home side. 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

Aye ah suppose it is ya pedantic pie. :lol:

The wait is always brutal but this year is going to make the Brexit process feel concise. 

I wouldn't mind the duration if we  didn't so frequently see a pair of sides wilting in the heat if a June day on a snasher of a plastic pitch.

Playing at such high intensity for the 8 weeks or whatever is going to take it out of FT players never mind PT ones with jobs, it robs the players of the chance to do themselves justic on the biggest stage many of them will ever perform on which is a bit of a shame. 

Haha. Sorry pal. You're spot on in what you say though.

As far as I can see, the only viable excuse for going for June 2nd is to make it the last match of the season. In which case, it's complete folly for all the reasons you have mentioned. The game can't be anywhere close to a showpiece when you have 28 lads who are out on their feet. 

I'd still love for someone to come on and state the reason which has been given by the SJFA for the decision. Someone must know.

Haha. Sorry pal. You're spot on in what you say though.
As far as I can see, the only viable excuse for going for June 2nd is to make it the last match of the season. In which case, it's complete folly for all the reasons you have mentioned. The game can't be anywhere close to a showpiece when you have 28 lads who are out on their feet. 
I'd still love for someone to come on and state the reason which has been given by the SJFA for the decision. Someone must know.
I would imagine Largs will be a lot fresher than Talbot with them only having 6 league games left to play whereas Talbot could have 17 to play before the final 14 league games and potentially 3 games in the WOS Cup.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Think it holds 500? They didnt fill the big stand at Killie last year so I think its fair for it to be decided by the home advantage thing. Largs and neutrals would fill the main stand, let the Auchinleck fans fill the stand behind the goal completely and bring a bit of atmosphere.

You could be right about 500. Just looks smaller when you see it in real life.

I'm sure everyone who wants to see the game will get a seat.

Thought Airdries Excelsior Stadium might have been in with a shout. Capacity 8000   4 proper stands.

Don't think the playing surface is as good as Accies right enough.

Edit to add now called The Penny Cars Stadium. Cannae keep up with all these name changes!!

Edited by santheman

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Maybe better being decided by fan base? I'm also sure we would welcome the neutrals into the main stand if there was empty seats. Big question is who's in gold and black for the game?

7 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Maybe better being decided by fan base? I'm also sure we would welcome the neutrals into the main stand if there was empty seats. Big question is who's in gold and black for the game?

It's been intimated on the Talbot forum that both teams will be in change strips.

2 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

I might me naive here but I can't see any animosity between these two sets of fans. Let them in together, and enjoy the day out.

The authorities will struggle to distinguish them anyway due to the same colours. I suppose fans want to be with their friends and peers however so they might want to be segregated.