Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

33 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Why does the final have to be played at the end of the season ?

When we were last in the final (1975) it was played at the end of April.

We know who the teams involved are, why can't it be played this month or early May on a grass park that is still open ?

I, too, am bemused by this.

29 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Why does the final have to be played at the end of the season ?

When we were last in the final (1975) it was played at the end of April,and you could get a bag of chips for 6p and a broon loaf for 30p. :( 

We know who the teams involved are, why can't it be played this month or early May on a grass park that is still open ?

Ftfy,glens.

Just now, tommyboy said:

I seem to remember a mention on here that the dates for the semis and the final were probably structured around the holiday rota up at the Towers,jimbo. :huh:

Could well be Tommy. 

In all seriousness, someone must know the reason why the match hasn't been scheduled before June 2nd. Why should it be that everyone is left scratching their heads over the motive and no one explains? Club officials must have been told or if they haven't they have a responsibility to ask on behalf of their clubs, supporters and fans.

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Rugby park is poor, far too little space between seats. Agreed on Palmerston, decent new stand and home terrace looks fantastic.

Cappielow is an utter hole. Fancy something to eat=mile and a half walk to shitty burger van, fancy a piss, here's a wall to piss against, want to wash your hands, wait 10 minutes to use the 1 sink only to find its fucked anyway, better time it well to not miss any action as this Victorian outhouse is also 10 minutes from the stand:

Luckily if you don't want something to eat or drink or need the toilet there's a few circumstances where it is decent

A) under 5ft then the main stand is an option.

B) it's one of about 3 Saturdays a year where you get a nice sunny day, now the WDE is an option.

C) your in the home end and can stand fairly near the halfway line and position yourself well to limit avoid the pillars limiting too much of your view.

21 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The away fans would also agree at Cappilow that the stand is shite, seating awful with little space. The stewards are also bellends.

Having the brass neck to whine about Cappielow when your team plays in a shitey, soulless, Legoland box every fortnight. 

IMG_0513.jpg.a7d89e65c9e68036d2250a9c97810b08.jpg

Having the brass neck to whine about Cappielow when your team plays in a shitey, soulless, Legoland box every fortnight. 

IMG_0513.jpg.a7d89e65c9e68036d2250a9c97810b08.jpg

Well that's you opinion, I've got mine. Still stick to what I say and I'm sure I'm not the only one on either of our comments. Chill

Also the fact that there used to be terracing for away fans opposite the main stand and that was taken away from them, a stadium with that much terracing should allow away fans to utilise it. Pitch is perfect though.

The main issue for me about Accies park is because there is only the 2 stands (not counting the gazebo thingy) it means one set of supporters (probably Largs) will be housed behind the goals which kinda spoils it for me in terms of viewing and atmosphere anytime I go there

5 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

All this talk about clubs doing maintenance on there park etc surely 1 game at the start of June wouldn't have much of an impact on their ground?

It would depend on the state of the pitch surely? If the goalmouths have been re-seeded for example, they'll not want big Leishman jumping all over it.

The solution is glaringly simple.

Play it in April or May.

We know who the teams are, get a date and venue and get it played on grass.

There is no reason that is has to be the 1st weekend in June.

Edited by glensmad

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Well that's you opinion, I've got mine. Still stick to what I say and I'm sure I'm not the only one on either of our comments. Chill

Also the fact that there used to be terracing for away fans opposite the main stand and that was taken away from them, a stadium with that much terracing should allow away fans to utilise it. Pitch is perfect though.

There is terracing for away fans opposite the main stand, right now. 

The fact of the matter is that a Raith fan really is in no place to criticise anyone else's ground for the matchday experience. Yours of course being the only ground in the country where you can't even view the game from anywhere near the halfway line because your club have failed to maintain a safety certificate for an entire side of your ground and didn't get round to finishing your fun-size 'main stand' either. Starks' Park is the worst of both possible worlds and isn't a patch on one of the most historic grounds in Scottish football. 

Edited by vikingTON

There is terracing for away fans opposite the main stand, right now. 
The fact of the matter is that a Raith fan really is in no place to criticise anyone else's ground for the matchday experience. Yours of course being the only ground in the country where you can't even view the game from anywhere near the halfway line because your club have failed to maintain a safety certificate for an entire side of your ground and didn't get round to finishing your fun-size 'main stand' either. Starks' Park is the worst of both possible worlds and isn't a patch on one of the most historic grounds in Scottish football. 
When we have been there there was no offer of terracing standing. It was the main stand or nothing. Its obviously changed since I was there. Anyhow what's the point of maintaining a stand when the capacity is 8000 and we get 1500.

15 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

When we have been there there was no offer of terracing standing. It was the main stand or nothing. Its obviously changed since I was there. Anyhow what's the point of maintaining a stand when the capacity is 8000 and we get 1500.

A: To make your ground seem like less of a pointless cowp. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

51 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Play it in April or May.

I bow to those who know better but...

128 teams- 2nd week in Sept

64 teams - last week in Sept

32 teams - 2nd week in Oct

16 teams- last week in Oct

QF - 1st week in March

SF    last week in March/ First week in April

Final - Last week in April

Less chance to catch up and all play at the same time, I admit, but in better weather months (usually), should be OK. I m sure others could have better and more workable ideas, but we have probably already given this matter more thought than those who wear a blazer and are supposed to!

Edited by froggie

12 minutes ago, froggie said:

I bow to those who know better but...

128 teams- 2nd week in Sept

64 teams - last week in Sept

32 teams - 2nd week in Oct

16 teams- last week in Oct

QF - 1st week in March

SF    last week in March/ First week in April

Final - Last week in April

Less chance to catch up and all play at the same time, I admit, but in better weather months (usually), should be OK. I m sure others could have better and more workable ideas, but we have probably already given this matter more thought than those who wear a blazer and are supposed to!

Although I see where you're coming from the reality of this year's schedule was;-

Round 1- 15th September

Round 2- 29th September

Round 3- 27th October

Round 4- 24th November

Round 5- 26th January

QF- 23rd February

SF- 30th March & 6th April

Nothing wrong with that format to me, except that when it comes to the final the top brass seem to have decided to waste all that sensible ground work and have it on June 2nd and, worse than that, without explanation. Unless someone can tell us what reason has been given by the SJFA?

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Play it in April or May.

Agree what would be wrong with a Friday night game in that time period when all the players still have something in their legs 

Play it in April or May.
I have already got the Monday 3rd June off work so hope your post is disregarded as the ramblings of a madman by the blazers

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Although I see where you're coming from the reality of this year's schedule was;-

Round 1- 15th September

Round 2- 29th September

Round 3- 27th October

Round 4- 24th November

Round 5- 26th January

QF- 23rd February

SF- 30th March & 6th April

Nothing wrong with that format to me, except that when it comes to the final the top brass seem to have decided to waste all that sensible ground work and have it on June 2nd and, worse than that, without explanation. Unless someone can tell us what reason has been given by the SJFA?

There is nothing wrong with that schedule, in fact it would be perfectly balanced in the lead up to a late April/ early May final!