Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

You are not posting anything useful. You are trying to stir up animosity over a factually correct tweet that nobody cares about.

Oh, and the biggest laughing stock in non-league football is the Bonnyrigg situation as you well know but won't admit as it makes an arse of your pyramid agenda

Yet it stirs all the Junior halfwits from Ayrshire from their drunken slumber to show everyone that they don't care  :lol:  The tweet was an embarrassment, so much so it's been deleted.

Let's wait and see  with the Bonnyrigg saga, their floodlights were turned on today. They are in the big Scottish next season regardless, just like Talbot and just like my team.

Yet it stirs all the Junior halfwits from Ayrshire from their drunken slumber to show everyone that they don't care  [emoji38]  The tweet was an embarrassment, so much so it's been deleted.
Let's wait and see  with the Bonnyrigg saga, their floodlights were turned on today. They are in the big Scottish next season regardless, just like Talbot and just like my team.
Again who is your team can you no just answer that or are you embarrassed

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Yet it stirs all the Junior halfwits from Ayrshire from their drunken slumber to show everyone that they don't care  :lol:  The tweet was an embarrassment, so much so it's been deleted.

So their getting into the LL well done all involved.

Well done Talbot (again), hopefully they will be plying their trade in the pyramid soon, along with the rest of the wrsjfa.

The tweet may have been a harmless attempt at humour that, from the outside looking in, was a tad distasteful and a little bit of a fail. Doesn't really show the sjfa in a professional light, as has been said though, deleted rather quickly.

Onto the 'biggest farce of the pyramid', Bonnyrigg. Nothing to do with the LL or eos but everyone's favourite association, the sfa. The outcome hopefully swings in their favour but I can't see it given how other things have worked out thus far.

4629 the official attendance, does anyone  attending or watching yesterdays game see 1500 empty seats, if the grounds capacity is just over 6K, i didnt.Also thought Hamiltons stadium was ok, much better playing surface than Rugby park, could have been a good atmosphere created by a large turnout from Largs and Talbot, but the sound is lost with ground being more or less open on two sides.The final for next season venue should be booked now, a date in early May and the junior FA beg for St mirren to agree no matter who finalists are, get it done now.

Actually thought the noise from the Talbot fans came through on the tv quite well, must have been a decent atmosphere at the game.

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

4629 the official attendance, does anyone  attending or watching yesterdays game see 1500 empty seats, if the grounds capacity is just over 6K, i didnt.Also thought Hamiltons stadium was ok, much better playing surface than Rugby park, could have been a good atmosphere created by a large turnout from Largs and Talbot, but the sound is lost with ground being more or less open on two sides.The final for next season venue should be booked now, a date in early May and the junior FA beg for St mirren to agree no matter who finalists are, get it done now.

Unfortunately,  there were loads of spaces in both sides. So 4629 probably correct + 400 sponsor freebees!

Unfortunately,  there were loads of spaces in both sides. So 4629 probably correct + 400 sponsor freebees!
Unfortunately? I was there and it was a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Is the juniors forum just full of pessimistic posters. Reading a few comments on here you would think some have a downer. You should be celebrating your football.

54 minutes ago, Redbrae said:

Looking at the stand figures (my own guestimate in brackets based on empty seats) - I couldn't tell how many empty seats where Largs fans were so just used the actual figure given).

West 3204 (2800)

North 2246 (1950)

East 498 (300)

Disabled 70 (?)

Totals 6018 (5050)

Difference with attendance given 4629 is 421 so it does seem a fairly accurate figure.

I'd say the SJFA got their size of stadium spot on in giving Talbot the main stand and the gazebo and Largs the stand behind the goal.

7 hours ago, Captain Dolby said:

Unfortunately? I was there and it was a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

Is the juniors forum just full of pessimistic posters. Reading a few comments on here you would think some have a downer. You should be celebrating your football.

thought it was the worst atmosphere of a junior final I've been at. The fans were lively enough at times but the ground really isn't great.

got to agree with the negativity comment in general though. Couple of the pro-pyramid zealots getting a tad salty at the idea of people enjoying their day and  having a bit of pride in the grade. Folk that are more interested in the politics of the game than the game itself. 

Boollin' club mafia types i'm guessing.

Edited by Shanner

thought it was the worst atmosphere of a junior final I've been at. The fans were lively enough at times but the ground really isn't great.
Agree the stadium isn't the best but I've been to a lot worse. Reading through comments on other threads I get the feeling some posters on here don't appear to like Talbot. Celtic get it on the main threads so It probably comes with the territory of winning.

Just now, Captain Dolby said:
5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Agree the stadium isn't the best but I've been to a lot worse. Reading through comments on other threads I get the feeling some posters on here don't appear to like Talbot. Celtic get it on the main threads so It probably comes with the territory of winning.

very possibly a success thing or maybe just the nature of forums with folk just pursuing wee tiffs around the place regardless of the actual discussion topic.

Talbot being generally against the Pyramid has rattled a few cages,  and tbh the pyramid debate would give your arse a sore head nowadays.

5 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Always wondered how big a crowd would be at a Talbot Cumnock junior cup final, maybe 6k?

It's a great pity we will probably never find out. In the current climate it would surely top 10k, in the 80's I'm sure it would have filled rugby park. 

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Ive always thought about that too, wasnt it close to being in the late 80s, however unless Cumnock find a decent team it wont be happening any time soon.

Both were kept apart in the semis in 86 but cumnock lost to Pollok. 

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Both were kept apart in the semis in 86 but cumnock lost to Pollok. 

This is correct. Talbot beat Kilbirnie  in one semi and Pollok beat Cumnock in the other.

The thing is I have no memory of this. I was going to games then and remember the semi and final  but  I don't remember anybody talking about the semi final draw and possibly getting Cumnock or anybody mentioning how close we were to playing Cumnock in a Junior Cup Final.

I only found out that Pollok had played Cumnock in the semi a few years ago and I mentioned it to my dad who was going home and away at that time and he had no recollection of it either

I dont know if this information has already been posted in another thread,but a touching event happened on Sunday after Talbots win.The bus transporting the players and cup home, took a detour through the housing scheme in Mauchline and stopped at a house where a fan thats followed Talbot for  years has a very, very, serious illness and is no longer able to go and watch his beloved team.The players took the cup in for him to see,it was quite emotional and a touch of class and compasion from everyone at Talbot, and a day the guy will cherish.

The team also brought the cup in to my mother's house to let her see the cup. My dad was the Talbot Physio/trainer during the 70's and early 80's and a life long supporter going to games home and away.
They also paid her a visit after last year's final. What a great gesture by this incredible group of players.