Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

You could tell that win was life changing for Talbot players , they were shocked by their success lol. Great run fae McIlroy awful finish fae Shankland should have got his medal in a poly bag for that lol. Another Scottish , 1 defeat in 29 league games only 14 goals conceeded.. outrageous , out on their own.

Just now, Blaze said:

A plastic pitch, 2 stands and a gazebo is a shite excuse for a stadium.

Just sayin.

There never going to get an SPFL grass pitch in June hence the final normally taking place at Rugby Park. The 2 stands and the Gazebo was more than enough for the crowd.

Nae idea what you are talking about

Oh good, you’ve moved on from the whole loathing Largs from our encounters in 2004 and 2007. Time for me to drop it then!

Congratulations to Auchinleck Talbot - well deserved.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

There never going to get an SPFL grass pitch in June hence the final normally taking place at Rugby Park. The 2 stands and the Gazebo was more than enough for the crowd.

It's still a snider of a stadium. 

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Where else would they have been able to play it at today. The only way they would get more choice of venues would be having the final earlier.

Lack of alternative options doesn't make Hamilton the Maracana. 

Oh good, you’ve moved on from the whole loathing Largs from our encounters in 2004 and 2007. Time for me to drop it then!

I have seen Linlithgow play about 90 different teams and Largs have by far the worst supporters of any of them. Delighted to see them get beat.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

I have seen Linlithgow play about 90 different teams and Largs have by far the worst supporters of any of them. Delighted to see them get beat.

Haven’t had any issues with Largs fans from memory-far worse than them in Ayrshire.Was it a specific incident?

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Crowd was 4629.

Less than a quarter of the crowd at the womens international the other night. Admitedly there were thousands of freebies given out for that game but just shows how the  appeal of the junior cup final has declined over the years . Probably due in part to it being a foregone conclusion  Talbot supporters seeing it as just another game hardly worth getting excited about.  If TJ and his fellow officials don't see this as a real crisis then they are not doing their job, I don't have any real answers either but it cannot be allowed to continue.

Haven’t had any issues with Largs fans from memory-far worse than them in Ayrshire.Was it a specific incident?
Last time we were there - for a pre season friendly they were looking for a fight with anybody including pensioners

This is going to be controversial but merge the Scottish Junior cup and Challenge Cup.

Have the juniors, lowland, highland teams along with Spfl league 1 and Spfl league 2 teams all competing for the new Scottish Challenge cup.

Play the final at 1230pm before the Scottish Cup Final live on TV. Create more interest in it with better teams.

This is going to be controversial but merge the Scottish Junior cup and Challenge Cup.

Have the juniors, lowland, highland teams along with Spfl league 1 and Spfl league 2 teams all competing for the new Scottish Challenge cup.

Play the final at 1230pm before the Scottish Cup Final live on TV. Create more interest in it with better teams.
I quite like this idea.

Guest Moomintroll

It is a good idea, ergo it will never happen.

Add in East of Scotland and that is a good suggestion

Lots of very valid points.Junior football is enjoyable to watch in the flesh but trying to translate that to a live tv spectacle on a large senior surface at the fag end of the season is an impossible task.We have so much live football these days that the junior game looks slow.clumsy and lacking in skill on tv-no surprise it is broadcast on a minority tv channel and I wonder what kind of viewing figures it got.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Where else would they have been able to play it at today. The only way they would get more choice of venues would be having the final earlier.

And that’s exactly what should have happened

One less round in the cup due to less teams meant we knew the finalists early April, to then wait 7 weeks to play it was mad.

Could have been played on the first Sunday of May, every senior team still playing at that time. Lots of clubs to approach, Thistle, St mirren, Ayr, Motherwell oh, and even Queens Park. 

Its  a crap idea, SPFL 1 and SPFL 2 teams wont be interested, Highland league teams have enough games to play as it is so wont be interested there. When do you play games Junior Cup games are Saturdays, Challenge cup ties are midweeks at the moment.
Game needs vision. Not saying it's perfect, was just an idea I came up with in 2 seconds. We cant just stick with the same boring format year after year because it keeps the dinosaurs happy.