Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

21 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Any grass SPFL tiers 2-4 venue is a no no due to them all being shut as of 4th May (unless involved in playoffs). Assuming it's been said up thread why no Killie though - the perfect year for it!

The pitch is being replaced at Rugby Park I believe.

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Having been there recently, it's a fabulous ground to watch a game at.

Its really not - especailly if you are in the main stand. Anyone over 6ft like myself can not get comfortable and the toilet facilities were bowfin, for want of a better word.

Hamilton isnt ideal but its a far far far better viewing experience than Cappielow.

6 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Its really not - especailly if you are in the main stand. Anyone over 6ft like myself can not get comfortable and the toilet facilities were bowfin, for want of a better word.

Hamilton isnt ideal but its a far far far better viewing experience than Cappielow.

Well I was not in the main stand and prefer to stand up anyway!

People 'big up' Newlandsfield as being a great venue but I wouldn't point my nose in the direction of our 'facilities'!

The home support at Cappielow who opt to not sit have a good (IMO) experience. I loved my recent trip there and look forward to returning - similar experience at Palmerston this week. Palmerston's main stand was not pleasant but the stand opposite and the big shed behind the goal were excellent.

The seats at Rugby Park were terrible though and I'm far from 6ft. I found the main stand better there but the stand opoosite was really tight.

Will likely be at Accies though, ticking off another towards the 42!

People 'big up' Newlandsfield as being a great venue but I wouldn't point my nose in the direction of our 'facilities'!

The home support at Cappielow who opt to not sit have a good (IMO) experience. I loved my recent trip there and look forward to returning - similar experience at Palmerston this week. Palmerston's main stand was not pleasant but the stand opposite and the big shed behind the goal were excellent.

The seats at Rugby Park were terrible though and I'm far from 6ft. I found the main stand better there but the stand opoosite was really tight.

The away fans would also agree at Cappilow that the stand is shite, seating awful with little space. The stewards are also bellends.

3 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The away fans would also agree at Cappilow that the stand is shite, seating awful with little space. The stewards are also bellends.

Blantyre v Bo'ness in 2016 satisfied any curiosity I might have had about NDP...BUT at least the issue appears to be sorted. Note to farts in a suit,: You have a year to sort something better out. Might be an idea to start now, if you are at all bothered about the Juniors' showpiece game

Rugby park is poor, far too little space between seats. Agreed on Palmerston, decent new stand and home terrace looks fantastic.

Cappielow is an utter hole. Fancy something to eat=mile and a half walk to shitty burger van, fancy a piss, here's a wall to piss against, want to wash your hands, wait 10 minutes to use the 1 sink only to find its fucked anyway, better time it well to not miss any action as this Victorian outhouse is also 10 minutes from the stand:

Luckily if you don't want something to eat or drink or need the toilet there's a few circumstances where it is decent

A) under 5ft then the main stand is an option.

B) it's one of about 3 Saturdays a year where you get a nice sunny day, now the WDE is an option.

C) your in the home end and can stand fairly near the halfway line and position yourself well to limit avoid the pillars limiting too much of your view.

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Rugby park is poor, far too little space between seats. Agreed on Palmerston, decent new stand and home terrace looks fantastic.

Cappielow is an utter hole. Fancy something to eat=mile and a half walk to shitty burger van, fancy a piss, here's a wall to piss against, want to wash your hands, wait 10 minutes to use the 1 sink only to find its fucked anyway, better time it well to not miss any action as this Victorian outhouse is also 10 minutes from the stand:

Luckily if you don't want something to eat or drink or need the toilet there's a few circumstances where it is decent

A) under 5ft then the main stand is an option.

B) it's one of about 3 Saturdays a year where you get a nice sunny day, now the WDE is an option.

C) your in the home end and can stand fairly near the halfway line and position yourself well to limit avoid the pillars limiting too much of your view.

Well I had a great experience in the home sections! Can't please them all!

Why does the final have to be played at the end of the season ?

When we were last in the final (1975) it was played at the end of April.

We know who the teams involved are, why can't it be played this month or early May on a grass park that is still open ?