Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

Do you not think it's better to have it after domestic football is all wrapped up and decided? Also senior finals will be done so should boost the crowd. Stupid as it may sound a Juventus v Man City game the Saturday before a junior cup final on the Sunday would hurt the attendance, because that's modern football

Do you not think it's better to have it after domestic football is all wrapped up and decided? Also senior finals will be done so should boost the crowd. Stupid as it may sound a Juventus v Man City game the Saturday before a junior cup final on the Sunday would hurt the attendance, because that's modern football
Remember there were league games still to play after the cup final . So you could be talking around the middle of June for the cup final if we had to wait till league games are finished

Guest Moomintroll

Surely Mr & Mrs Blobby can pull a few strings and get it played at Firhill? Still believe that Somerset is the ideal place to play it as long as the wahoos do not profit from it in any way.

Surely Mr & Mrs Blobby can pull a few strings and get it played at Firhill? Still believe that Somerset is the ideal place to play it as long as the wahoos do not profit from it in any way.
The talk is Ayr were asked twice by the SJFA to see about somerset and never got a reply

Remember there were league games still to play after the cup final . So you could be talking around the middle of June for the cup final if we had to wait till league games are finished
I cbf checking your fixtures but surely plans are inplace to have you done before that weekend. Talbot are a victim of their own success here but I cant see a solution other than you stop winning things [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

You are a disgrace to the Junior game!

6 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Why the hell do we need to wait till June to play the cup final! We assume by this time Talbot may be forced to play 3 or 4 games a week to catch up on league fixtures, how many injuries or how tired will players be come June.The cup final is never the last game of season now, so bring it forward to mid May and there might have been more choice of suitable venue, you want both teams to field their best teams for whats supposed to be junior footballs showpeice game.

good point, the sjfa should arrange the cup final at start of season with regards to senior clubs finishing their season (the day after they finish) and thats it, regardless of who gets to final.

2 hours ago, montheton said:

Cappielow would have been a good choice for it if it was available.

Mentioned in another thread, st mirren park tidy ground good size, good atmosphere a think for this size of crowd.

Guest Moomintroll
The talk is Ayr were asked twice by the SJFA to see about somerset and never got a reply
Heard that as well, no idea why they would turn down the revenue. For obvious reasons I am not a fan but you get a cracking atmosphere at their ground & the pubs and transport links would be ideal.

Guest Moomintroll
You are a disgrace to the Junior game!
Apologies if I have upset anyone, was not my intention & I should not have been so insulting.

3 hours ago, btw lads said:

can largs beat talbot?

can watford beat man city?

2 similar ties!

I would say that there is no doubt that City and Talbot are two strong favourites. I do recall Celtic being a strong favourite to beat ICT some years ago.  So yes Watfaord  and/ or Largs can win. Will I be backing  them maybe depending on the odds!

Edited by Seaside Sam