Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

Most of the games throughout the Scottish cup gets played on the grass then the final is played on artificial surely this needs to change?
Due to the final being played so late in the season it's very hard to get grass as clubs with grass by that point are doing work to the surface in their close season (re-seeding etc).

Besides whether a venue is grass or artificial is irrelevant to a venue hosting the final. The venue having the ammenities & facilities to meet the demands of the final is the most important factor in choosing a host.

2 hours ago, Any team will do said:

Totally agree with this

No better way to watch a game 

Seating, disabled viewing room for the BBC  remember Beechwood capacity was cut by 1400. Lastly do you think the players would want there big day played at a Junior ground?

Congratulations to Largs Thistle on reaching this season’s Scottish junior cup final. They thoroughly deserved their place in the final. And (no disrespect to Auchinleck) but I hope Largs go on and lift the trophy.

That tells me it can be done, People just have to think it the box on this idea. Just think An ideal oldstyle junior park hosting a potential all Ayrshire fina packed to the gunnels tense cup final atmosphere, no big gaps or empty stands. Fans near to the players.

A bit of jiggery pockery with the access gates, install mobile portacabins, mutual agreement with Morrisons on parking area and bam you have a decent cup final audience at a football ground.

I'll now await the same few to quickly find an excuse not to do it.

I appreciate your passion for this but I cant see Morrisons agreeing to have their car park filled up by football supporters on a key day for their business.

10 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

That tells me it can be done, People just have to think it the box on this idea. Just think An ideal oldstyle junior park hosting a potential all Ayrshire fina packed to the gunnels tense cup final atmosphere, no big gaps or empty stands. Fans near to the players.

A bit of jiggery pockery with the access gates, install mobile portacabins, mutual agreement with Morrisons on parking area and bam you have a decent cup final audience at a football ground.

I'll now await the same few to quickly find an excuse not to do it.

The fans experience is probably one of the last things they consider, if indeed they consider it at all.

The deal has been done, the money sorted, health and safety passed, police OK with it, TV planning done etc etc.

They're not going to start again from scratch because the majority of fans would prefer another venue.

Largs tweeted yesterday that the final will be at Hamilton.

26 minutes ago, drs said:

Largs tweeted yesterday that the final will be at Hamilton.

Well done to both teams on getting to the final but what a crap ground to play it at.I suppose it is the age old problem of paying for what you get and what’s available

Congratulations to Largs Thistle on reaching this season’s Scottish junior cup final. They thoroughly deserved their place in the final. And (no disrespect to Auchinleck) but I hope Largs go on and lift the trophy.
Thanks mate. Great tie and occasion with no trouble or ill feeling between fans. I was one of the fans on the pitch yesterday but ended up consoling/talking to a few of your players on the centre circle and they were all dignified in defeat.

All the best

Why the hell do we need to wait till June to play the cup final! We assume by this time Talbot may be forced to play 3 or 4 games a week to catch up on league fixtures, how many injuries or how tired will players be come June.The cup final is never the last game of season now, so bring it forward to mid May and there might have been more choice of suitable venue, you want both teams to field their best teams for whats supposed to be junior footballs showpeice game.

Why the hell do we need to wait till June to play the cup final! We assume by this time Talbot may be forced to play 3 or 4 games a week to catch up on league fixtures, how many injuries or how tired will players be come June.The cup final is never the last game of season now, so bring it forward to mid May and there might have been more choice of suitable venue, you want both teams to field their best teams for whats supposed to be junior footballs showpeice game.
Fair point, Talbot were shattered last season managed to get the cup in dramatic fashion but blew the league basically down to fatigue.