Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Bizarre post.

Cut the guy some slack,glens. As you can see below,he was more than magnanimous in his very recent dealings with jb,even going so far as to provide jimbo with some easy to follow guidelines which will,hopefully,enable the wee guy to gain his respect.:)

20 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

The entourage enters lol

JB you will always be given your opinion but if it relates to anything Talbot, then it needs to be your true opinion and not just a passed information you find on here or social media.

That way I'll be able to hold you to some level of respect.

Edited by tommyboy

12 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Beechwood could have easily held 4000 even with tv crew there.

I reckon Newlandsfield could hold it a at least 6000 which would be the norm for a final nowadays.

A packed Park for the final would be an exceptional experience. Just think it the box for a change. It can be done.

And the toilet facilities ?

2 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Portacabins easily done my friend. Too many of you lot on here poo pooing everything looking for negatives before positives.

Pun intended

Classy stuff for Scottish Junior Cup Final facilities, eh ?

Even the amateurs and under 21s get a senior ground for their Scottish Cup Final.

37 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
49 minutes ago, glensmad said:
Even better, the Maracana.
Not sure if they'd have the toilet facilities though...

A brick wall would suffice

I'm sure the ladies would love that...

Was at the QF between Pollok and Talbot at Newlandsfield, crowd of around 1700-1800 iirc, and there's not a chance it could host a Junior Cup Final. Kick Off was held up slightly to allow that size of crowd in, no or very basic (to be kind) toilet facilities, no parking etc etc.

Final should be held in early May on an agreed date with 2 or 3 Grounds picked at start of Season which can then be selected from depending on finalists (East vs East, West vs West, West vs East).

Getting to March / April and not knowing when or where Final is to be held is ridiculous. Holding it on an Astroturf is shoddy as well.

22 minutes ago, Bellsdale Boy said:

Was at the QF between Pollok and Talbot at Newlandsfield, crowd of around 1700-1800 iirc, and there's not a chance it could host a Junior Cup Final. Kick Off was held up slightly to allow that size of crowd in, no or very basic (to be kind) toilet facilities, no parking etc etc.

Final should be held in early May on an agreed date with 2 or 3 Grounds picked at start of Season which can then be selected from depending on finalists (East vs East, West vs West, West vs East).

Getting to March / April and not knowing when or where Final is to be held is ridiculous. Holding it on an Astroturf is shoddy as well.

Has it reached the point yet where people would rather be told about a venue they're less than happy with than not be told at all? OK, the final being when it is will always mean there are issues but an inability to make a decision seems rather poor. Having the  showpiece fixture played on a carpet is a crying shame really, but if it takes agreeing to a carpetball final just to get things sorted then just get on with it.

For me getting to final is an achievement regardless where it's played. However part of the appeal for the clubs and supporters is playing in a professional ground. More of an occasion and a day out. No offence to my pals at pollok but as much as I love a trip there the lack of toilets would be obvious issues as would the lack of parking. 

I'm sure the folks at the sjfa will sort the best thing possible for the clubs and supporters involved. Not a bigger game in our grade and great exposure on the beeb

For me getting to final is an achievement regardless where it's played. However part of the appeal for the clubs and supporters is playing in a professional ground. More of an occasion and a day out. No offence to my pals at pollok but as much as I love a trip there the lack of toilets would be obvious issues as would the lack of parking. 
I'm sure the folks at the sjfa will sort the best thing possible for the clubs and supporters involved. Not a bigger game in our grade and great exposure on the beeb
Dam park surely then