Junior Cup Final

Talbot supporter

20 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Meadow Park and Newlandsfield are the only potentials out of that lot. The other grounds will be being reseeded in June.

I would be amazed if Newlandsfield wasn't being reseeded and/or having other remedial work done too. 

6000 in Newlandsfield? Not a chance. If the final's going to be in June, realistically it can't be both at an SPFL stadium and be on grass. One or the other.

You would disagree even if I said the sky was blue.  

Newlandsfield is indeed big enough to hold the final.

No idea where you get all this information btw. Are you a sfa insider?

1 minute ago, Talbot 1978 said:

With four turnstyle, no ladies or disabled toilets, matter of fact no toilets. Room to park BBC Haggis's lorry's the list continues.

Last scheduled home games:

Fir Park - 11 or 18th May
St Mirren's park - 11 or 18th May (will find out these tomorrow once split fixtures come out)
Newlandsfield - 18th May
Meadow Park - 27th April
Somerset Park - possibly 23rd May if in play-off final

If you're having the final in the first week of June then you probably can't have it at these grounds.

Edited by Ginaro

Last scheduled home games:
Fir Park - 11 or 18th May
St Mirren's park - 11 or 18th May (will find out these tomorrow once split fixtures come out)
Newlandsfield - 18th May
Meadow Park - 27th April
Somerset Park - possibly 23rd May if in play-off final
If you're having the final in the first week of June then you probably can't have it at these grounds.
Aww well, back to the drawing board, Townhead Park?

If Newlandsfield holds 6,000 then ibrox and parkhead hold 200,000. :lol:

I wouldn't fancy being in Newlandsfield alongside 5,999 other people. 

No junior ground could host the scottish junior Cup final, if any possibly could then there's a terrible attendance for a final. 

Most senior pitches get relaid but If available I think firhill is perfect closely followed by St mirren Park and cappielow. 

If as it looks the final is contested by two Ayrshire teams then it appears that New Douglas Park is the Venue with a 6000 capacity. Was any thought given to host the Final at the 'Scotstoun Stadium' home of Glasgow Warriors?

If as it now looks the final will be played on an artificial surface this would have been an ideal venue,great facilities ,good location (same distance from Auchinleck to Hamilton 38miles)and a capacity of 7300.

Why not, after all there is a major Rugby final being played in the East End of Glasgow in June.

12 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Aye, Newlandsfield is big enough if you're only expecting a couple of thousand to turn up. 6000, you're having a laugh. There's no seating or toilets and where would you stick the extra catering and portaloos?

There's no junior ground that could realistically host the final. I'm disagreeing with you because it's a ridiculous suggestion!

With the final so late in the season, there'll be a real struggle to find a ground that ticks the preferred boxes of location, decent capacity and a grass surface. You don't need to be an SFA insider (and what would they have to do with it anyway...) to see that!

12 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Bizarre post.

Beechwood could only take 3,100 for the Ayr game so that gives an idea of the capacity of other Junior grounds when TV gantries etc have been accommodated. 

I think the 6k plus attendances we generally see at Junior finals are dependent on folk being able to get a seat under cover with their entire family. Basically it's to suit the folk that only go once in a blue moon.  Can't really complain about that as it's the showpiece match but it means having it at a "modern" senior ground. 

Beechwood could only take 3,100 for the Ayr game so that gives an idea of the capacity of other Junior grounds when TV gantries etc have been accommodated. 
I think the 6k plus attendances we generally see at Junior finals are dependent on folk being able to get a seat under cover with their entire family. Basically it's to suit the folk that only go once in a blue moon.  Can't really complain about that as it's the showpiece match but it means having it at a "modern" senior ground. 
Beechwood could have easily held 4000 even with tv crew there.

I reckon Newlandsfield could hold it a at least 6000 which would be the norm for a final nowadays.

A packed Park for the final would be an exceptional experience. Just think it the box for a change. It can be done.