Boycott

velo army

Would you be willing to boycott home games in order to force the SFA to enact changes?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to boycott home games in order to force the SFA to enact changes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/19 at 23:00

I boycotted them in 1977 when we played a friendly v Chile in the bloodsoaked Santiago Stadium.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/the-scotland-v-chile-friendly-labelled-the-match-of-shame-1-4655623

Raised it for Georgia v Scotland in 2015 and it's back on again.

• 1 month later...

Just resurrecting this to see what the appetite is now.
Personally, I'm really happy that we've got Clarke as a manager. I'm not expecting miracles from him but I feel he *should* be capable of negotiating the NL playoffs - even if it involves a tricky Serbia away or the like (that kind of game is Clarke's forte as I understand it).
Also, it seems Hampden is now safely Scottish football's home.
But aside from the manager and the stadium, do we still want to storm the SFA offices and boot Rod Petrie's stones, or is the general mood one of "let's see how things go"?

The appointment of Rod Petrie as President doesn't dispel the idea that the SFA is a closed shop beset by nepotism, but at least we've given the NT coaching post to the most suitable candidate. 

I'd still like someone with more radical ideas to lead and make the focus on trying to get us to produce players with touch and technique rather than "runners" (Sbragia, 2016) and to have the recommendations of the McLeish (Henry) report implemented more fully (a technical director who isn't one of the old faces would be nice too), but my own righteous anger isn't as fierce as when McLeish (Alex) was in charge.