Boycott

velo army

Would you be willing to boycott home games in order to force the SFA to enact changes?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to boycott home games in order to force the SFA to enact changes?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/19 at 23:00

I’ve been boycotting Scotland games for a while.

I’ve only been to 4 Scotland games and the last one was the Australia friendly at Easter Road in 2011.

Thinking about it, I’ve only been to 1 Scotland game at Hampden. The 2 v 1 victory over Iceland (Iceland nearly snatched a draw) at Hampden in 2009. Shameful.

I’m happy to continue the boycott.

11 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Team needs backing need noise and support and encouragement a boycott would be counter productive and if anybody thinks SFA is gonna listen to us I will have something your smoking 

And then nothing will change and we'll continue to stumble along in the same manner, not qualifying and dropping down the rankings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/03/2019 at 06:52, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Team needs backing need noise and support and encouragement a boycott would be counter productive and if anybody thinks SFA is gonna listen to us I will have something your smoking 

You're right about them not listening to the fans but they will listen to their finance director when turnover is down and their corporate sponsors no longer wish to renew contracts at existing rates.

Starving the SFA of money forces them to listen..... regardless if what your smoking.

The thing with the boycotting or similar is that these days, the internet forums and groups are full to bursting of people who really are gonna do it this time. Right up until it comes to the point of doing it (whatever 'it' may be). Then they don't. Then blame everyone else :lol: 

• 1 month later...
On 18/04/2019 at 14:38, Stellaboz said:

British just don't do proper protesting. Absolutely Shite the bed when it comes to letting those in charge know.

True.

For some reason i’m thinking about buying tickets for the home game with Belgium. Not sure why, given it’s on a Monday night and i’d probably have a better time watching it in the pub. 

That c**t Platini needs a good hiding for his ‘week of football’ shite.

A protest doesn't have to be a boycott. What about a throw on protest (i.e. swiss fans and tennis balls), or a back turning protest, or a silence protest or don't sing the anthem.

My suggestion would be something on the 21st minute, to symbolise the 21 years since we last played at a tournament. 21 years of mismanagement. 21 years of blazers.

I've even seen these things combined with charity, for instance throwing teddy bears onto the pitch which can then be donated to local children's charities. 

41 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

A protest doesn't have to be a boycott. What about a throw on protest (i.e. swiss fans and tennis balls), or a back turning protest, or a silence protest or don't sing the anthem.

My suggestion would be something on the 21st minute, to symbolise the 21 years since we last played at a tournament. 21 years of mismanagement. 21 years of blazers.

I've even seen these things combined with charity, for instance throwing teddy bears onto the pitch which can then be donated to local children's charities. 

Can't decide whether to accuse you of being pro or anti Rangers now...

On 29/03/2019 at 09:12, Scary Bear said:

I’ve been boycotting Scotland games for a while.

I’ve only been to 4 Scotland games and the last one was the Australia friendly at Easter Road in 2011.

Thinking about it, I’ve only been to 1 Scotland game at Hampden. The 2 v 1 victory over Iceland (Iceland nearly snatched a draw) at Hampden in 2009. Shameful.

I’m happy to continue the boycott.

f**k it, bought tickets for the Belgium game. The boycott is over. Monday night though, what’s that all about?

I wouldn’t be paying £30 for a game against Cyprus, even if it is on a Saturday.

On 23/05/2019 at 15:28, albagubrath said:

Good luck throwing a teddy bear on to the pitch at Hampden.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson