Bulk buy

Ylf

I was in my old dears at the weekend and noticed in one of her cupboards that she has a shit load of washing powder toothpaste. Washing up liquid and jars of coffee. She’s obsessed [emoji50]. I must admit I bulk buy shower gels and deodorants. Have a few tucked away. Anyone else have a mad mum like me?

When I cleared out my old mans house after he died in August, he had a bathroom cabinet full of tins of unused shaving gel/foam (approx 10) and radox shower gel (approx 8 bottles).

Took them and Im still using them.

Thanks, Dad.

x

10 minutes ago, Ylf said:

I was in my old dears at the weekend and noticed in one of her cupboards that she has a shit load of washing powder toothpaste. Washing up liquid and jars of coffee. She’s obsessed emoji50.png. I must admit I bulk buy shower gels and deodorants. Have a few tucked away. Anyone else have a mad mum like me?

Maybe she's a secret "prepper", armageddon and all that. Have you noticed any new structures at the bottom of the garden or secret access trapdoors in the house?

Maybe she's a secret "prepper", armageddon and all that. Have you noticed any new structures at the bottom of the garden or secret access trapdoors in the house?

[emoji848][emoji848] will have a look [emoji106][emoji23]

My wife doesn't bulk buy per se, but anytime any of the local supermarkets have special offers she's on them like a tramp on chips. I don't know how many packs of toilet rolls we have (always useful I know) and I've to get more today "Crawfords have 24 rolls of Cushelle for £6.99".

I must admit I'm a bit of a bargain hunter myself regarding washing up liquid, fabric softener & co, we've plenty of that plus bleach.

I was a bit surprised at how many packets of sausages and fish fingers are in the freezer, whenever I see those items at £1/pack, I usually buy one. So I'm as guilty as she is at overloading our storage facilities.

We've got two beds that get the covers changed every week and a spare room that's always made up. Discovered the other day that we now have 35+ sets of bedding. I thought it was more like 31 but she said there are more stashed in another cupboard. 

When my gran started to succumb to dementia, she got in the habit of walking up to the local shop every day, and coming home with a pack each of toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and tissues.

It took a good few weeks before my mum noticed, and started her daily routine of walking to the shop to return said items.

Fair play to the owner of the shop, who started to understand what was happening, and played along with the routine rather than upsetting my gran.

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When my gran started to succumb to dementia, she got in the habit of walking up to the local shop every day, and coming home with a pack each of toilet rolls, kitchen rolls and tissues.

It took a good few weeks before my mum noticed, and started her daily routine of walking to the shop to return said items.

Fair play to the owner of the shop, who started to understand what was happening, and played along with the routine rather than upsetting my gran.

You need to start bulk buying bandages and paracetamol you cheeky Arab/Weegie scamp!  

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

f**k being your cutman, that would cost me a fortune.

I'm fine with cuts but it's my nose - it's like tap it has cracked so many times. So long as I remember to block shots with my forehead I'm fine. 

We had a big long-distance house move when I was nine years old, so I got to see all sort of shit getting pulled out from nooks and crannies that I'd no idea existed. At one point there were six banana boxes packed full of bars of soap, many different varieties, and most with some kind of 'Buy 2 Get 3!" sticker on.

Mentioned that to my mum a while back and got the "that never happened" reply, which made me wonder which account she posts under on here.

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Aye fair play to his stock management adjustment process and till balance.

Archived