Kieran Tierney

RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RPHG said:

How would you like the manager to put his foot down with regards to Tierney in this situation?

Declared injured by the national team medical staff, but aye, Tierney, you play for Celtic therefore if you are ruled out by the national teams medical staff it creates mass hysteria by fans of other clubs therefore ............ you are banned from playing in Celtics next game!

Sorry, I realise this is the Tierney thread but I'm largely discussing the shitebags who didn't play for fear of being injured than the guys actually injured. By all accounts Tierney has showed up and been declared unfit, I have no qualms with that. Alex McLeish could easily have told Ryan Fraser to stop being a wee pussy and get on the flight, same with Fletcher and Paterson.  I'm of the opinion Robertson could have played too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players saying they didn't want the plastic pitch was "fine" (I think it's shite, but I'm no physio/doctor) but to not travel at all because of that is very suspect.  Particularly when, presumably, you'd fancy your chances of filling your boots against a super-diddy in San Marino.

After all these years the non-old firm fans still don’t understand that the players for those clubs can do whatever they want.

Also after all these years the fans of the old firm clubs don’t understand that, simply for the fact their players play for one of those clubs, that they will be automatically hated and even the slightest hint of a slight against Scotland will lead to a huge amount of tears.

So KT was declared unfit by the SFA doctor to fly 8 hours and to play a game on a surface which may exacerbate his injury (research hasn't concluded anything either way so a'body is erring on the side of caution).  Ten days later he will be fit to play in a game.
Aside from the hysterical assertion that KT is a highly skilled actor (would be a Jags fan etc) who is somehow capable of faking whatever physical tests put forward, isn't it just easier to rest on the assumption that a young athlete can recover from injury in a whopping 10 days? 

He did fly to Kazakhstan with the squad too.

I'd say that, given that the manager and his coaching staff were going on about the risks of a plastic pitch, as well as it being peddled in this country constantly, makes it understandable that players might want to not play. Especially someone like Paterson who's not THAT long after a serious knee injury. The manager and his staff are responsible for that turn of events. Not the players.

20190325_133028.jpg

Guest DAVIDB69

Watch the huge amount of Celtic “injuries” before the next games in June , or the tiredness line will be back again , because the champions league qualifiers are in july

On 3/25/2019 at 12:06, velo army said:

So KT was declared unfit by the SFA doctor to fly 8 hours and to play a game on a surface which may exacerbate his injury (research hasn't concluded anything either way so a'body is erring on the side of caution).  Ten days later he will be fit to play in a game.

Aside from the hysterical assertion that KT is a highly skilled actor (would be a Jags fan etc) who is somehow capable of faking whatever physical tests put forward, isn't it just easier to rest on the assumption that a young athlete can recover from injury in a whopping 10 days? 

Whilst I'm not saying it is the case, it would be very easy for a player to fake a fitness test.

Not even sure why it's such a surprise he'd rather push his fitness for an Old Firm game anyway.  No-one seems to really care about international football anymore, so why wouldn't he prioritise one of the biggest fixtures of the year for his club?

But, surprise surprise, he actually was injured, just like the Scotland medical team said.  Shocker.

Archived