4 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Anyone want to chip in and pay for his flight out of the country? Happy to start a go fund me page.

As he stays locally £3.20 McGills single should cover it. Do hope his 2 year contract is conditional on being still in the Championship

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angry is what I feel.
Yes Partick had the worst defence and showed early on when we should have slotted at least 3, but exemplified by  Thomson's headlamp facial when through on Hazard. As we already know he will bag a few against us when back with Dumbarton or Airdrie next season.
Good touch by Doolan when picking up the punt held up by the wind feck knows what McCrorie was doing.
Over all McDonald irritated us throughout, but how he didn't get a yellow for those pathetic dives is a mystery.
Not sure about second as our centre ended  on his arse at the corner. The third was game over after McDonald's clever chip into the box.
Sadly well beaten in the end will be down to the last weekend now.
JJ get Gaston back in goal. McCrorie started well in the initial games but now seems to offer no confidence to the defence.

Wait a minute is that, the “best young goalie in Scotland”, Robby McCrorie you’re on about?

Pie of the Month ...sorry , season is Fekin JJ. Has no idea - Thomson miss changes the game , but his whole body shape when trying to squeeze ball past keeper on 1:1 says it all for me - a static Thistle defence and 3 players with real pace sitting on bench - whit ?! We at least now know that we will have something to play for after all - fekin relegation battle !

Much like the 5-1 at Cappielow earlier in the season, today's result didn't reflect the performances of both teams. In the first half, Morton managed to miss a couple of sitters, while we scored from what felt more like half-chances (piss poor defending at set pieces from two of them), resulting in a 3-0 HT scoreline which didn't feel particularly deserved. This lead to the procession of a second half where Morton heads had dropped and where we were never realistically going to concede three or more goals with the likes of Anderson and Saunders controlling things from the back. Still good to keep a rare clean sheet, nonetheless.

Delighted to see Doolan back on the scoresheet, and hopefully this is him making another late push for a double figures goal return, for what I believe would be the 9th consecutive season. Shea Gordon was a surprise nclusion, but I thought he played his part well; offering more mobility than Harkins (not hard) and was smarter with the ball than Slater has been recently. I'd hope that for the remaining 6 games our starting lineup will be as close as possible to today's.

Not as good a Saturday as it could have been, with Alloa and Queens winning unexpectedly, but that's Morton right back in the mix, and from the 5 involved, it seems pretty much impossible to call who the bottom 2 will be.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wait a minute is that, the “best young goalie in Scotland”, Robby McCrorie you’re on about?

It is, but ignore what Paisley Ton said. Anyone who blamed the keeper for the shambolic defending deserves not to be allowed out the house. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

It is, but ignore what Paisley Ton said. Anyone who blamed the keeper for the shambolic defending deserves not to be allowed out the house. 

Aye. Agree with this. McCrorie was fine yesterday. He was let down by the clowns in front of him.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Shea Gordon was a surprise nclusion, but I thought he played his part well; offering more mobility than Harkins (not hard) 

This. With Harkins out it meant we actually had 11 mobile players on the pitch and it showed. There has been a lot of strange things happening at the club this season but the strangest one of all was offering Harkins an 18 month deal. 

Thomson miss, absolute shambles of a first goal... and then our arses completely collapse, not for the first time this season. Had a feeling this would be a clear-cut result, because one of the two teams would melt under any pressure. Should have known it would be us. Watching a team lose is one thing, but watching  a team beat itself is fuckin torture.

Fair enough to point out that Johansson has lost whatever scrap of the plot he had in the first place, btw, but the players have to take the rap for that performance: some of the biggest shitebags ever to play for Morton in that team.

Archived