Well the games are running out and we might finish the season having scored less goals than games played.

Not get many points on the entertainment scales.

Lucky for us were up against a crowd who can't defend but can't afford to shut up shop because they need a win.

F$e% knows how JJ will approach this one.

Well all rested so hoping Kiltie ups his scoring rate to match his recent effort.

I'm going for a 2-1 win to put level on goals v games played.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookies have us favoured here - Morton at 2.9 and Thistle 2.4 on 365.

No idea why, because we have typically struggled at Cappielow even when we’ve had good teams at this level, let alone with this season’s pathetic shite.

Much like the Falkirk game a couple of weeks back, these odds surely won’t last until kickoff because they make no sense.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

No idea why, because we have typically struggled at Cappielow even when we’ve had good teams at this level, let alone with this season’s pathetic shite.

Much like the Falkirk game a couple of weeks back, these odds surely won’t last until kickoff because they make no sense.

You probably already know this, but worth keeping an eye on skybet as they tend to move their odds more, if you bet Morton with 365 now and Thistle drift nearer to kick off they'll be the best ones to lay it off with (unless you're just betting Morton to win for insurance or because you think it will definitely happen), find Betfair too illiquid at this level .

Our league record at Cappielow this century : P15 W3 D2 L10. Couple of wins in the cups (both times when we were 2 tiers ahead of Morton) as well. Lucas Akins scored in one of those victories which probably means it should count treble or something.

Genuinely don’t think I can physically bring myself to go to this after Friday night’s turgid shite, and the absolute mauling the last time at Cappielow. Think it’ll just be home games for me until maybe QOTS on the last day (by which time I’m assuming we’ll already be relegated).

2-0 Morton.

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

We’ve only won one of our last eight, so that probably explains it.

Despite that rotten run of form though you’re one of the teams Johansson hasn’t lost to yet, so this is as good a chance to sort that out as we’re going to get.

That win against QoS gave us some breathing space and with four teams still four points or more below us I’m not too concerned, but with three of our next four being against teams below us and the other against an Ayr side in even worse form than us we should really be looking at this as our chance to get the couple of wins that will realistically make us safe.

If we lose a couple of these without getting a win it’s a different story and we’re suddenly in trouble, but that would add up to a considerably worse run of results than even Johansson has presided over so far. Despite how useless he is, we can surely shitfest another couple of 1-0 wins in the next few weeks?

28 minutes ago, Reid said:

The only positive going into this is we won’t have Cammy Bell letting every shot go through his big fucking belly this time.

Yeah because that clownshoes Sneddon covered himself in glory last time round. 

Partick looked to have at least something about them after making changes in the second half on Friday evening but we've actually been playing well recently - if still without much ambition thanks to our gutless shitebag of a manager. if Partick field the same jobbers from the start as they did against Inverness then I think we'll win this one comfortably. 

On 25/03/2019 at 19:24, Fuctifano said:

Our league record at Cappielow this century : P15 W3 D2 L10. Couple of wins in the cups (both times when we were 2 tiers ahead of Morton) as well. Lucas Akins scored in one of those victories which probably means it should count treble or something.

Well that's a stat I missed. Funny I remember the cup losses.

With Alloa going down and joining the played 29 group of teams as Dunning said two from the next four should keep JJ in the job next year.

I think  one win and a draw against the 3 below us will keep us safe. Not much of a target so realistically we are not in it but mid nothing.

To keep interest up expect JJ to extend a player's contract after each  match . Footie roulette!!!

Yeah because that clownshoes Sneddon covered himself in glory last time round. 
Partick looked to have at least something about them after making changes in the second half on Friday evening but we've actually been playing well recently - if still without much ambition thanks to our gutless shitebag of a manager. if Partick field the same jobbers from the start as they did against Inverness then I think we'll win this one comfortably. 
In all likelihood, he won't be playing either

3 hours ago, NewarkTon said:

Since JJ became manager,we have only scored more than one goal in any game, against Partick (twice), Queens and Peterhead. Hopefully a good omen for Saturday. 

Fecking depressing aint it??

Win this and we are safe for me.  Would put us 8 clear of Thistle with a  better goal difference and a game in hand. ( home to Alloa) Can't see Thistle getting  9 points more than us with their last 6 games.

Team should be fresh and any niggling injuries we have had will have hopefully cleared up.  Believe Tids and Waddell were both carrying knocks before the Alloa game.

Would imagine something like;

McCrorie

Kilday Buchanan Waddell

Tumilty                                             Iredale

Lyons   McAlister    Tidser.

Kiltie Thomson.

Bench- Gaston, Millar, Dallas, Telfer, Dykes, O'Connell. Oliver.

Could easily be Millar in for Jim and I wouldn't mind seeing how Oliver and Kilite work together, albeit, Thomson has done ok recently.

Of course its JJ, so he could make wholesale changes and bring Dykes and co back in but hopefully he sticks to roughly the same team.

2-1 Morton. Kiltie and Tidser.

Agree with most of Madton 's post but I think Miller has been much better than I expected so would keep Jim Mac on the subs bench, does he not have a long term stomach problem.

I would though like to see two subs on at 60 mins mark as a plan with guys coming off giving it 120% knowing they  are not expected to do the full 90.

So either start Miller or Mac and change  Thomson with Oliver (though Dalas is JJ favoured sub). Saying that probably suffer a few injuries and plan will go out the window,

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

One of those rare games where Thistle look good, Bannigan's left wand is central to proceedings - dictating and creating openings, and McGinty doesn't look like he's auditioning for the role of a place kicker in the NFL. 

2-0 Morton.

lol nice prediction what does Kunta Kinte think the score will be?

Archived