Strachan or McLeish?

Ludo*1

Rock and a hard place - what would you do?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hear you shout 'NEITHER!!!' as you click on the link to open this thread but with the bookies thinking the SFA are that predictable... well it says a lot about the SFA.

If put between that certain rock and a hard place, I think I'd have to accept our manager continually putting the nation down and slagging us off opposed to a very nice guy who seems to have health issues.

Who would you reluctantly go for?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol whit I can only assume you don’t watch or go to games with that comment.

He’s obviously at the wind-up. Nobody with eyes can think we have got better with McLeish as manager.

I was happy enough for all his failings to pay to see Scotland under Strachan.

With McLeish in charge I'm as likely to go to the next England game at Wembley as pay in to Hampden to see a McLeish Scotland side.

Honestly, I wouldnae give the SFA the steam aff ma pish after they appointed their old pal.

Talk of who is/was better is irrelevant. We've been Utter failures for 20 years and will continue to be until there is a radical change.

There's no team spirit, no pride in the shirt and no tactical plan. Decades of picking players simply because of who they play for combined with ignorance of our domestic game has led us here.

I'd support 11 guys who might not be the best footballers, but when put on the pitch, battle like warriors and give their all. We'd maybe even get the odd result. Until that happens, we'll continue to set completley unrealistic expectations and go round in this circle forevermore.

Talk of who is/was better is irrelevant. We've been Utter failures for 20 years and will continue to be until there is a radical change.

There's no team spirit, no pride in the shirt and no tactical plan. Decades of picking players simply because of who they play for combined with ignorance of our domestic game has led us here.

I'd support 11 guys who might not be the best footballers, but when put on the pitch, battle like warriors and give their all. We'd maybe even get the odd result. Until that happens, we'll continue to set completley unrealistic expectations and go round in this circle forevermore.

That's a strange post all round. You seem to be advocating picking poorer players in the hope of picking up the odd result?

Also talk of decades of picking the wrong players? We must be hide and seek champions then because I've got no idea where all the better players have been.

Strachan had team spirit and (usually) a clear tactics plan, as did Walter Smith (carried on under McLeish the first time round).

First of all we need a new man man manager. The rest is a wee bit more complex.

That's a strange post all round. You seem to be advocating picking poorer players in the hope of picking up the odd result?

Also talk of decades of picking the wrong players? We must be hide and seek champions then because I've got no idea where all the better players have been.

Strachan had team spirit and (usually) a clear tactics plan, as did Walter Smith (carried on under McLeish the first time round).

First of all we need a new man man manager. The rest is a wee bit more complex.

It's only my opinion, but there's been countless players over the years called up simply because they play for teams in the English championship or in Glasgow. A good proportion of which aren't really Scottish. Countries far smaller than ours manage far better with players of a lesser calibre.

I agree we need a man manager, but not just that, we need a plan. Forget qualifying for anything for the next 4/6/8 years. Build a structure and style of play that can be implemented right the way through from youth levels.

Strachan, Smith and Eck first time were all failures, keep plodding along without a long term plan and the next guy will be the same.

The question should be  "Who is in charge at the very top and do you have any shred of confidence in their ability to take our game forward  " .

The answer is  IMO   NO . They are not fit for the position  so lets get rid of them .

Archived