Stranraer v Brechin City

VAR would also have given the "offside"  goal 

How can you tell? The only angle you get given on the highlights, if you pause it as it hits his head, makes it look offside.... definitely close but that looked more offside than it didn't. After seeing the handball again (highlight before the offside) think that maybe was a penalty too

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How can you tell? The only angle you get given on the highlights, if you pause it as it hits his head, makes it look offside.... definitely close but that looked more offside than it didn't. After seeing the handball again (highlight before the offside) think that maybe was a penalty too

He would be offside when the ball is played to him not when it hits his head . 

Either way it wouldn't have made a bit of difference as we won by two goals anyway. 

These highlights are done by a volunteer cameraman and volunteer editor. Who also does twitter and facebook. Cant be critical. I set our site up stranraerfctv and did the editing for years but dont have the time. Occasionally i will do a sidecam or gopro but that takes time as well. Our video editor does very well to get the highlights out so quickly and considering it is stranraerfctv he is entitled to do slow mo incidents he chooses that involve stranraer incidents. We try to make them inpartial not biased and show incidents for both sides to give a true reflection of the game.

He would be offside when the ball is played to him not when it hits his head . 
Either way it wouldn't have made a bit of difference as we won by two goals anyway. 

[emoji23][emoji23]

I know the offside rule

The ball was played to him by someone else's head.

Archived