Stranraer v Brechin City

18 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

^^^  Erse twitching ! 

17 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Has been since about September tbh.

Please consult your GP as a matter of urgency.

And well done City! :thumsup2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dougie Hill won the game for Brechin with his last ditch tackle on Joao after he had rounded the keeper if we had went 1 nil up it would have been game over.

Andy Jackson doing what a goalscorer is there to do at valuable times.

Well done to Lyle Avci after a string of top drawer saves.

44 minutes ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Dougie Hill won the game for Brechin with his last ditch tackle on Joao after he had rounded the keeper if we had went 1 nil up it would have been game over.

Andy Jackson doing what a goalscorer is there to do at valuable times.

Well done to Lyle Avci after a string of top drawer saves.

It to far to travel on a Saturday never mind a mid week, great result for us, 3 clean sheets in 4 games, 2 goals player of the month for me, been back to his best since turn of the year

A win last night and the pressure was off slightly,so a defeat was a bit of a damper.Nothing much to report from the first half apart from a really strong penalty claim after Kyle Turner went down after a shirt pull,but  it was ref John McKendrick,no chance,but these things even themselves outAs 1870 said Jao Victoria just had to score when one on one with the Keeper,you just knew that would come back to haunt us.A copy cat of Saturdays game with Brechin hitting on the counter attack and the longer it went 0-0 you knew they would score.A missed header from a corner and Jackson scores,really sore one,the second goal came when Stranraer had committed about 8 men up front.Onto Montrose on Saturday,confident as ever.

Got what we deserved. We had few chances but the ones we did we should have buried. Lyke Avci made some great saves. Victoria ckean through was a huge miss. Ref McKendrick was his usual idiotic self. Moving on. 

4 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Got what we deserved. We had few chances but the ones we did we should have buried. Lyke Avci made some great saves. Victoria ckean through was a huge miss. Ref McKendrick was his usual idiotic self. Moving on. 

You aint enjoying the refs this past few weeks. Yes he made a few errors but he made a few errors for them aswell. Same ref for both teams. We cant keep blaming them when we cant find a way to score goals or keep the ball out at the other end.

I think we will do enough to stay up if we play like we did against Arbroath and the way we played in the final 10 of the first half with a high tempo and balls into feet. We love this getting the ball and blootering it from back to front to Innes head and the big man is chasing his own knock downs. We have 3 players in the middle of the park who can play football and we miss them out.

Unfortunately tho we are in the position we are in but the 6 games we have left 4 of which are against the teams all in our fight Montrose Airdrie Dumbarton and Brechin we need to get 12 points and stay in the league. I fancy our chances against them 4 for than I would fancy our chances against Annan Clyde or Edinburgh.

MonBlu

5 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

You aint enjoying the refs this past few weeks. Yes he made a few errors but he made a few errors for them aswell. Same ref for both teams. We cant keep blaming them when we cant find a way to score goals or keep the ball out at the other end.

I only mentioned him cause i thought he was too fussy. I never said he was the reason for the defeat. We deserved to lose cause we made bad decisions ourselves all over the pitch. The only time i blame a ref for a defeat if he clearly costs us the game with a poor decision like east fife away.

4 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

I only mentioned him cause i thought he was too fussy. I never said he was the reason for the defeat. We deserved to lose cause we made bad decisions ourselves all over the pitch. The only time i blame a ref for a defeat if he clearly costs us the game with a poor decision like east fife away.

I blamed the ref last time we played you lot we should have had 2 pens and the free kick that you scored from wasn’t one, it evens its self out we beat airdrie when they had a fine goal chopped off

2 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

Giving a contentious corner against you isn't quite the same as a wrongly disallowed goal or a poor penalty award/ sending off...

Nobody is blaming McKendrick for the defeat but it's lack of consistency which sends fans mad.Last night Jamie Hamill stopped a Brechin attack with a cynical foul,booking no problem,further on in the half Brechin NUM 5 commits the same sort of foul on Kyle Turner,with Stranraer on the attack,result no booking,if refs get more consistent we wouldn't be talking about it on a consistent basis:whistle

6 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:

Just watched the highlights. Why are the handballs replayed but not the so called offside goal( which wasn't btw)?
Or the goals.

Highlighting the inept performance of McKendrick.Omg that miss by Victoria gets worse every time I see it,just go to the Keepers left hand side son:shutup

Why did they slow down the penalty incident with Turner? A complete non-event, the guy goes down far too easily.

Another slo-mo as the ball clearly comes off Euan Smith’s chest, why?

Can’t see much wrong with Dougie Hill’s goal either, but the angle doesn’t help with that.

Stranraer keeper made some excellent saves. All in all looks like a well deserved win.

Archived