Anyone else fed up with the football fan experience pre and during match days at their club?

Why is the fan experience so rubbish at so many scottish football clubs! Some clubs do it so well but the vast majority don't. I feel like a new brand new fan every time I go to my club even though I've been a fan for years and years, I have to go down and pay for a ticket in cash and get a paper ticket back, I'm asked to enter a raffle every time I go, are there no other ways of raising money?! I'll all for supporting my club but it feels like I'm stepping back in time. 

You support Linlithgow, its not surprising  your experience isn't that exciting as most fans there think its still 1690.

...and why post about Linlithgow in the Championship? Long time before we ever see, if ever, the Wee Rose at this level.

The guy's not wrong though. Being sent away from a turnstile to a shop or ticket office to buy a ticket only to return to the same turnstile once purchased is just daft. 

Why can't I use a debit card to pay at the turnstile or for that matter whatever choice of slurry I decide upon subjecting myself to at the pie stall?

Debit cards have only been in widespread use in this country for 20 odd years.

Edited by TheBigYa

We now have a far more 2019 ticket system at Falkirk 

Basically contactless and you can buy online and use your phone as the ticket.

As for the match day experience we have 2 bars at the stadium but the 1 in the South stand is far the better option.

The club also listened when folk said the South stand shouldn't be allocated seating so all in all I think the fan experience at FFC is very dece

Edited by Gaz FFC

In the experience of supporting Dunfermline it's a direct correlation between how we're getting on on the park and how the overall matchday experience. I'd be surprised if it's different anywhere else.

If I had never been to a football match before and decided I would like to go to one I would get up to the stadium and not get in to the match.  I don't carry cash as it's just not necessary to do so anymore.  Most grounds seem to be located where there isn't one nearby.  Its just such a strange thing.  Let me contactless my way around the stadium. 

I'm probably wrong here but Inverness seem to be the only club that let both home and away fans buy tickets online? 

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If I had never been to a football match before and decided I would like to go to one I would get up to the stadium and not get in to the match.  I don't carry cash as it's just not necessary to do so anymore.  Most grounds seem to be located where there isn't one nearby.  Its just such a strange thing.  Let me contactless my way around the stadium. 

I'm probably wrong here but Inverness seem to be the only club that let both home and away fans buy tickets online? 

I’m the same. Missed the kickoff when we last played Falkirk as walked up and realised I didn’t have any cash, was directed to somewhere about 10 mins walk away to the nearest one.

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Falkirk do as well.

13 hours ago, Fanbase123A said:

Why is the fan experience so rubbish at so many scottish football clubs! Some clubs do it so well but the vast majority don't. I feel like a new brand new fan every time I go to my club even though I've been a fan for years and years, I have to go down and pay for a ticket in cash and get a paper ticket back, I'm asked to enter a raffle every time I go, are there no other ways of raising money?! I'll all for supporting my club but it feels like I'm stepping back in time. 

I think the problem stems from fans being utterly clueless as to what it takes to run a football club.  Every club in the country does a 50/50 draw/raffle each week, do you think they do it just for a laugh or because it actually helps bring in some extra, much needed cash every season?

You're all for supporting your club but you're on here complaining that they do a weekly raffle and ask you to buy a ticket because one of your club employees presumably ripped off the club? 

What do you think clubs should provide, free of charge, to fans pre/post-match?

We now have a far more 2019 ticket system at Falkirk 
Basically contactless and you can buy online and use your phone as the ticket.
As for the match day experience we have 2 bars at the stadium but the 1 in the South stand is far the better option.
The club also listened when folk said the South stand shouldn't be allocated wearing so all in all I think the fan experience at FFC is very dece
Not so much at the away end. The time before last we had a massive queue just before KO (honestly) and when some of our fans went to go through the turnstyle beside the queued one they were sent to the back of the queue. I assumed it was because led to another part of the ground. When we got through the turnstyle, the one next to it came out at the exact same place. Utterly ridiculous we weren't allowed through it [emoji38]

16 hours ago, Fanbase123A said:

Is this post all focused on your experience at Linlithgow? If you've been going for years you must have your eyes and ears painted on if you think buying a half time draw ticket is the only way you can support the club. I'll not bore the Championship forum with this. Message me and I'll be happy to talk through options.  On a separate note, you may have noticed even in your short time on here that drs is a total arsehole. 

Payment systems can be massively updated from the current scenario, thinking of what London transport do, everything linked with your account using contactless. No need to even have season tickets as you could have your total cost maxed out after say game 15,(tho clubs probably wouldn't be found if this as it would stop the summer boost to cash flow) food purchase could be done via smartphone/ terminals at kiosks, possibly with even delivering to seat, but at worse picking your order from collection points. Even have all clubs on the same system where regular away fans can be rewarded.

Huge possibilities that would benefit both clubs and fans.

That said any moans of 'I have to buy a ticket before going to the turnstiles' are stupid, this is a really easy system to follow and clubs that operate such a system make it pretty well known. It also adds little difference to the fan so long as your not stupid enough to go to the turnstile first. Now fans have got used to automatic turnstiles entry is pretty quick.

Not so much at the away end. The time before last we had a massive queue just before KO (honestly) and when some of our fans went to go through the turnstyle beside the queued one they were sent to the back of the queue. I assumed it was because led to another part of the ground. When we got through the turnstyle, the one next to it came out at the exact same place. Utterly ridiculous we weren't allowed through it [emoji38]

I asked about this, it's to count the away fans inside the ground.

Be the 1st and last time Queens had a massive queue of fans.
Sure you weren't in the home end or the cinema?
At least the ignorance starts from the top at FFC.

I asked about this, it's to count the away fans inside the ground.
Mental stuff. I assumed that was the reason right enough, not sure why they need an accurate number of away fans though?

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mental stuff. I assumed that was the reason right enough, not sure why they need an accurate number of away fans though?

It's almost certainly required as part of their safety certificate. The SPFL also ask for attendance returns split between home and away fans each game, though inevitably in some cases that must be estimated.

We've got 16 turnstyles in total, 8 for the Main Stand, 4 for the North and 4 for the South. So say roughly 1 per 500 seats/ fans. Pretty sure when away supports are in the main stand they get 1 turnstyle which is fair enough. We had 5 turnstyles at Alloa recently for 1500 fans and there were still plenty outside the ground at kick off, so I don't think it makes much difference tbh