Anyone else fed up with the football fan experience pre and during match days at their club?

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

At least the ignorance starts from the top at FFC.

8):lol:

Nah I'm just messing around. A lot of grounds seem to think nothing of treating away fans in an appalling manor and it drives me crazy.

Usually it's something small and childish they do that's just them being a w**k and you feel you can't complain loudly for fear you come across as moaning about f**k all but it is rife.

I'll already be spending two hours at the ground, so I really doubt anything could convince me to arrive earlier or leave later. I guess if you had some outside heated tent that did pints and some live music some people might be convinced? Not for me but seems to be a popular format before big rugby matches. Unsure if it would on a smaller level or be cost-effective.

As for the tickets, there should be a contactless method for people but anyone claiming to be confused by the ticketing system at EEP is either making a point for the sake of it or is a total and complete simpleton.

8)[emoji38]
Nah I'm just messing around. A lot of grounds seem to think nothing of treating away fans in an appalling manor and it drives me crazy.
Usually it's something small and childish they do that's just them being a w**k and you feel you can't complain loudly for fear you come across as moaning about f**k all but it is rife.
I can recall years ago when Livi came down they opened 1 turnstyle for us on the opening game of the season. The queue was massive and I was fizzing [emoji38] I've calmed down/am used to it now in all seriousness. That day at Falkirk there were folk who were absolutely raging but I just found it baffling rather than getting upset. I'm sure Hibs did it years ago as well when we played them midweek. Folk actually missed the first goal (possibly first 2) because they were still queueing. At Motherwell at the beginning of the season they ran out of pies for us before kick-off. I jokingly said to the lassie that they were another club to underestimate us diddies. Underestimate that we're a bunch of greedy fat b*****ds that is.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can recall years ago when Livi came down they opened 1 turnstyle for us on the opening game of the season. The queue was massive and I was fizzing emoji38.png I've calmed down/am used to it now in all seriousness. That day at Falkirk there were folk who were absolutely raging but I just found it baffling rather than getting upset. I'm sure Hibs did it years ago as well when we played them midweek. Folk actually missed the first goal (possibly first 2) because they were still queueing. At Motherwell at the beginning of the season they ran out of pies for us before kick-off. I jokingly said to the lassie that they were another club to underestimate us diddies. Underestimate that we're a bunch of greedy fat b*****ds that is.

Was that the same Livi game where they allocated us the tiniest section of the main stand and we all had to move after kick off?

Was that the same Livi game where they allocated us the tiniest section of the main stand and we all had to move after kick off?
No, we were across from the Livi fans. We got beat 2-0 that day and I can remember the defender McKay scoring for some bizarre reason.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can recall years ago when Livi came down they opened 1 turnstyle for us on the opening game of the season. The queue was massive and I was fizzing emoji38.png I've calmed down/am used to it now in all seriousness. That day at Falkirk there were folk who were absolutely raging but I just found it baffling rather than getting upset. I'm sure Hibs did it years ago as well when we played them midweek. Folk actually missed the first goal (possibly first 2) because they were still queueing. At Motherwell at the beginning of the season they ran out of pies for us before kick-off. I jokingly said to the lassie that they were another club to underestimate us diddies. Underestimate that we're a bunch of greedy fat b*****ds that is.

Our last game at EEP, they ran out of bridies 15 mins before kick off. I was utterly furious, still haven’t been able to try one of these supposed delights.

My post wasn't directed at Linlithgow Rose specifically but is a general observation of Scottish Football. Some clubs seem to do the match day really really well but a lot struggle. 

Who does the best match day experience in the Championship? It sounds like Falkirk are top of the list from these comments and from what I've seen elsewhere (NB I'm not a Falkirk fan). 

I'd say ticket buying/gates; access to bars; atmosphere in the stadium, creative ways to engage fans and player interaction are all pretty critical. 

I really don't see that it's a terrible inconvenience to draw 20 quid out a cashline machine prior to visiting a football stadium. For a club like Ayr the cost and hassle of upgrading our payment systems would be just crazy as far as I can see.

Maybe North Ayrshire is still in the dark ages but my barber and local baker only accept cash and it really is of little inconvenience unless you try and make it so...........

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I really don't see that it's a terrible inconvenience to draw 20 quid out a cashline machine prior to visiting a football stadium. For a club like Ayr the cost and hassle of upgrading our payment systems would be just crazy as far as I can see.

Maybe North Ayrshire is still in the dark ages but my barber and local baker only accept cash and it really is of little inconvenience unless you try and make it so...........

Disagree. Think it’s a massive pain in the arse.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Disagree. Think it’s a massive pain in the arse.

One of my mates is in the "I never carry cash, it's pointless" brigade, however the amount of times he has to "tap me" for a few quid is unbelievable.

Personally I've rarely got under £30 in my wallet and as I say, I really don't understand the hassle with drawing a few quid out a cashline and keeping it in your wallet.

Much the same as the folk who need to phone their other half or parents every evening to tell them "that's me just getting on the train", I often wonder if they used to queue up at the bank of payphones in Central to do likewise before mobiles were introduced................

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

One of my mates is in the "I never carry cash, it's pointless" brigade, however the amount of times he has to "tap me" for a few quid is unbelievable.

Personally I've rarely got under £30 in my wallet and as I say, I really don't understand the hassle with drawing a few quid out a cashline and keeping it in your wallet.

Much the same as the folk who need to phone their other half or parents every evening to tell them "that's me just getting on the train", I often wonder if they used to queue up at the bank of payphones in Central to do likewise before mobiles were introduced................

In this day any business making it harder for customers to pay them really need to improve IMO.

4 hours ago, Fanbase123A said:

My post wasn't directed at Linlithgow Rose specifically but is a general observation of Scottish Football. Some clubs seem to do the match day really really well but a lot struggle. 

Who does the best match day experience in the Championship? It sounds like Falkirk are top of the list from these comments and from what I've seen elsewhere (NB I'm not a Falkirk fan). 

I'd say ticket buying/gates; access to bars; atmosphere in the stadium, creative ways to engage fans and player interaction are all pretty critical. 

Image result for nobody cares gif

In the experience of supporting Dunfermline it's a direct correlation between how we're getting on on the park and how the overall matchday experience. I'd be surprised if it's different anywhere else.
If things are going great you're more tolerant to all the little niggly things. If you're doing poorly every little thing is going to bug the shit out of you.

However, if this is about pre match entertainment, I remember we had pipe bands and cheerleaders years ago (maybe it was just a one off but it seems like it lives in the memory as a regular thing). Then there was what I'd call the REAL Sammy years when he'd come up with something topical for a pre match routine before the teams came out for kick off. It wasn't always a hit, but at least he'd try.

Nobody should allow the economy to go cashless. It would be yet another nail nail in coffin of freedom and democracy. You can be tracked and monitored in every transaction and governments would be able to set negative interests rates to saves the bank system come the next crisis - to force you to spend not save if in their interest not yours. Cash is freedom, use it or lose it.