Chernobyl

All i can really add to this if f**k getting severe radiation poisoning.

Man up, FFS. Those Soviet miners put up with it and finished the world’s hardest-ever crunch period, all while staring at a fat, sweaty, hairy arse.

Bet they never even claimed for overtime, those double-hard b*****ds.

29 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Man up, FFS. Those Soviet miners put up with it and finished the world’s hardest-ever crunch period, all while staring at a fat, sweaty, hairy arse.

Insert football manager of your choice joke here.

Bet they never even claimed for overtime, those double-hard b*****ds.
In Soviet Russia they just work the correct time required.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Wonder if we'll get to see the elephants foot at some point. Not sure if it works in with the timeline of the show but it's a pretty iconic image of Chernobyl.

I would be surprised if they did not show it. As it was known about before the sarcophagus before the end of 1986 and probably the first investigation into. 

Just watched the first 2 episodes, gripping stuff.
Think episode 1 is one the of most extraordinary season openers I've ever seen.

And obviously away to research every last bit of the tragedy now.
I think I have spent hours reading up about it on Wilkipedia and other sites

Did I mention before I was night shift in Glasgow the week after it happened and got soaked to the skin with mental rain a few times when the news was saying it was radioactive? I'm still here so I guess I was lucky.

14 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Did I mention before I was night shift in Glasgow the week after it happened and got soaked to the skin with mental rain a few times when the news was saying it was radioactive? I'm still here so I guess I was lucky.

We're not.

14 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Have you gone baldy in the intervening years? Could be some compensation in that. Get Digby Brown on the blower.

I think I have spent hours reading up about it on Wilkipedia and other sites
Same. Some of the more interesting stuff I've come across are pics of the concrete lined coffins of the firefighters, that the pile of clothes they dumped in the hospital basement, are still there, and that some of the residents who were evacuated at the time (most the old ones) returned to live there not long after, and actually got on no bad.

Same. Some of the more interesting stuff I've come across are pics of the concrete lined coffins of the firefighters, that the pile of clothes they dumped in the hospital basement, are still there, and that some of the residents who were evacuated at the time (most the old ones) returned to live there not long after, and actually got on no bad.
The background radiation levels are actually lower than some other places in Europe. It is the plant life and animals that are really radioactive. There is a forest(the red forest) that has absorbed that much radiation if it was to get set on fire it would release more radioactive particles than the original disaster. Also in some parts of Europe there are wild animals that still cannot be hunted for food due to disaster (wild boars in parts of the old West Germany is one example)

Trevor from EastEnders has put on the beef, eh? Some fucking programme though.  The accompanying podcast is every bit as riveting.  Craig Mazin, the writer, offers insights and extra bits of information on each episode.  Excellent stuff.