Chernobyl

That ending to the second episode.........if that doesn't give you the fear then nothing will.....

Sat watching it in silence with the lights off and found it genuinely disturbing...

Then Sky showed the teaser for next weeks episode over the credits and ruined it.

Best show I’ve seen in a good while tho.

Yeah, this show is very intriguing and a knife edge ending to the 2nd episode. What night does this air on Sky Atlantic so I know when to look out for the 3rd episode on Kod1?

I think it airs on a Tuesday. Tense ending to the second ep!

Yeah, this show is very intriguing and a knife edge ending to the 2nd episode. What night does this air on Sky Atlantic so I know when to look out for the 3rd episode on Kod1?
Mine records at 2am on the Tuesday.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Watched the first episode last night. Wild the amount of denial that went on when it all kicked off. 

Exactly. When they were talking about everything being under control, they meant the news blackout, not the actual risk of nuclear disaster.

Watched the first episode last night. Wild the amount of denial that went on when it all kicked off. 
Also took me a while to take the da from Friday Night Dinner seriously. 
Paul Ritter is brilliant in that. As is Mark Heap and Wilson the dog. Shalom.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Exactly. When they were talking about everything being under control, they meant the news blackout, not the actual risk of nuclear disaster.

I knew a bit about it just from reading and documentaries but it's still just mindblowing that the first course of action on it was to prevent the wider world knowing there was a nuclear disaster happening, rather than actually taking steps to manage it. 

2 hours ago, McDanger27 said:

The accompanying podcast with the writer is great as well. First 2 podcasts made a boring train journey this morning pass really quickly

Got a link to the podcast?

57 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I knew a bit about it just from reading and documentaries but it's still just mindblowing that the first course of action on it was to prevent the wider world knowing there was a nuclear disaster happening, rather than actually taking steps to manage it. 

#Communism

Just watched the first two episodes on catch up. Can't remember another 2hrs of tv that has been as tense and gripping as this. Actually found myself pausing it in order to take a break from the stress. Fantastic television!

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:59, NJ2 said:

Just watched the first episode, pretty gripping stuff! Anyone know how accurate it is as a representation of events?

Pretty accurate, as it turns out.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 23:52, D.A.F.C said:

Those three guys should be household names, as important as landing on the moon. If not more so.

Ukraine and other countries uninhabitable for hundreds of years. That’s arguably worse than the world wars.

Its insane that nuclear reactors were even considered. 

http://chtoa.org/en/unsung-heroes-of-chernobyl-three-men-laid-their-lives-for-milion-of-others/

Couldn't agree more.  Probably three of the most important men in recent human history, yet that's the first I'd heard about them.  Alexei Ananenko,  Valeri Bezpalov and Boris Baranov.  Three names that should be national heroes all over Europe.  If not for them, pretty much the whole of Eastern and Southern Europe would be fucked.