Chernobyl

33 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/07/chernobyl-review-chaos-reigns-in-confusing-nuclear-disaster-epic

Happened to stumble across this review of the first episode.

This person is paid to watch and write about TV.

That's one of the worst reviews I've ever read. Genuine The Onion material.

She probably watched Titanic and complained about everybody willingly getting on board the famously disaster-bound boat.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That's one of the worst reviews I've ever read. Genuine The Onion material.

She probably watched Titanic and complained about everybody willingly getting on board the famously disaster-bound boat.

I genuinely think she's watched that and thought it was a fictional event.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/07/chernobyl-review-chaos-reigns-in-confusing-nuclear-disaster-epic
She's either looking for attention or genuinely stupid. Maybe both.

Fanatastic series, The attention to detail, regarding clothing, vehicles, buildings etc just added to the whole feeling of depression around the place. Hard to believe it was the 80's looks more like the 50's in most other countries. I felt the majority of actors keeping their own accent's was genius. Especially the wee fat Glaswegian playing the lead miner.

Wow. That really is incredible. I know TV is generally subjective but objectively the show was superb as well. Genuine query: that's how she's reviewed the highest rated TV series on IMDb. As her manager you must surely be thinking, maybe we need someone else for the role.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wow. That really is incredible. I know TV is generally subjective but objectively the show was superb as well. Genuine query: that's how she's reviewed the highest rated TV series on IMDb. As her manager you must surely be thinking, maybe we need someone else for the role.

I had a quick look at her twitter to see if she'd reviewed any further episodes.  I couldn't find any.  I think that in itself is quite telling.

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Complaining that the first few minutes raise more questions than answers is beyond belief. That's what the rest of the series is for! I wonder if she reads Agatha Christie books and complains that she's reached the end of Chapter One and the murderer hasn't been caught yet!

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Complaining that the first few minutes raise more questions than answers is beyond belief. That's what the rest of the series is for! I wonder if she reads Agatha Christie books and complains that she's reached the end of Chapter One and the murderer hasn't been caught yet!

she probably reads the last chapter 1st to find out who did it