• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

So are those three men still alive, did they survive their experience or not? Some sources say yes, others - like the one above - say they died immediately afterwards.

I think the general consensus is that they all died within a few weeks of their mission.

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Pretty accurate, as it turns out.

http://chtoa.org/en/unsung-heroes-of-chernobyl-three-men-laid-their-lives-for-milion-of-others/

Couldn't agree more.  Probably three of the most important men in recent human history, yet that's the first I'd heard about them.  Alexei Ananenko,  Valeri Bezpalov and Boris Baranov.  Three names that should be national heroes all over Europe.  If not for them, pretty much the whole of Eastern and Southern Europe would be fucked.

SPOILER!  We don;t know if they managed to open the sluices and empty the tanks yet! ;)

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

SPOILER!  We don;t know if they managed to open the sluices and empty the tanks yet! ;)

A boy in my work did likewise!  We were talking about episode 1 last week and he says "eh, no spoilers please, I haven't seen it yet!"

:blink::1eye

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

You say this as a joke, but I was watching this with my burd last night and she genuinely said at the end of the second episode "Awww fuuuuck I wonder if they make it".

Watched the 2 episodes so far and thought it was excellent, really like a series that moves along gradually. The podcasts really add a lot to it so you realise what is factually accurate or been modified to suit TV. Just a pity we have to wait a week for each new episode.

Watched the 2 episodes yesterday and absolutely loved it.  Incredible what those 3 men did and almost as incredible how slow they actually were to actually try and do something about it!