Chernobyl

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

I've been able to get it on the Firestick every Tuesday morning, I just assumed it was broadcast on a Monday night.

Think it's shown on Monday nights on HBO  in the US and A.  It'll be from the HBO stream you'll get it on the Firestick presumably.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I've been able to get it on the Firestick every Tuesday morning, I just assumed it was broadcast on a Monday night.

It is. I recorded Episode 4 starting at 2am today (Tuesday) off Sky Atlantic

Edited by GordonD

Anyone else count to 90 in their head while watching that rooftop scene, or just me?

Felt like a long 90 seconds. Terrifying knowing the guy who gets his foot trapped in the graphite is doomed, gives a double meaning to “Comrade soldier, you’re done”.

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

Don't know why I should be but the more this series goes on the more surprised I get at how completely unprepared anybody was to deal with this sort of thing.

Still feeling from the 1st episode where they didn't have those iodine tablets that seem essential. 

6 hours ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Felt like a long 90 seconds. Terrifying knowing the guy who gets his foot trapped in the graphite is doomed, gives a double meaning to “Comrade soldier, you’re done”.

You reckon he's fucked? 

Why we fight in Band of Brothers was incredible, great episode. This episode wasn't at those levels but it was fucking brilliant. Unrelenting. 

Telling the Germans a figure about 5 times smaller, patter merchants. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Still feeling from the 1st episode where they didn't have those iodine tablets that seem essential. 

You reckon he's fucked? 

Why we fight in Band of Brothers was incredible, great episode. This episode wasn't at those levels but it was fucking brilliant. Unrelenting. 

I'm no nuclear  physicist, but if you come into contact with that graphite I'm guessing you're gonna have a bad time.

Even the iodine tablets I'm guessing aren't all that effective.

Can't remember if it's come up already here, but if you've been 'enjoying' this series, you might want to check out Threads. They share the same unremittingly bleak atmosphere regarding nuclear disaster, although as Threads isn't constrained by the facts of an actual event, it goes all the way down the rabbit hole to the very end. The Very. Fucking. End.

An excellent series. I was expecting the baby to come out with 6 limbs but the narration and the shot of her sitting was just as powerful tbh. Utterly tragic.

Gutted it ends next week.

Can't remember if it's come up already here, but if you've been 'enjoying' this series, you might want to check out Threads. They share the same unremittingly bleak atmosphere regarding nuclear disaster, although as Threads isn't constrained by the facts of an actual event, it goes all the way down the rabbit hole to the very end. The Very. Fucking. End.

I’ve seen Threads. It’s the very epitome of ‘bleak as f**k’.

Here it is for anyone who’s never seen it or fancy watching it again.

https://archive.org/details/threads_201712

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

You reckon he's fucked? 

Big reveal tonight about the KGB covering up that the rods and therefore the reactor wasn’t safe. From googling this it appears it was in a book a few years back.

This is what happens when you have a power structure where nobody can speak up due to fear. If one good thing came out of all this it was the end of communism. It could really have been much worse and we should all be grateful towards the liquidators.

The stuff of nightmares, literally. Don't think I've ever recovered from watching that as a kid in the 80s