Forfar v Arbroath

We are by far and away the best team in this league so if we turn and up perform we will win the game. The problem is since Christmas I can only really remember 3 games (Stenhousemuir, Raith and Airdrie) when we have actually played well.

Slightly worrying that we are limping over the line but all will be forgotten when we win it over the next 3 weeks.

I also wouldn’t put it solely down to Luke Donnelly but that is normal due to our support constantly looking for one scapegoat to blame things on. There are other factors including a 4/5 week period where we had terrible injury problems, some players going off the boil, (eg  O’brien, Thomson, Hamilton, swankie not playing anywhere near to the consistency they played in earlier in the season) there has also been some unnecessary tinkering with the team in forward areas. I would bring in McCord  and move Swankie further forward and keep the rest the same.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question.
I know the Lichties have Spence and Donnelly, and they appear to be playing a major part in this team that's hit a bit of a rocky patch compared to the first 13-14 games.
How do the line ups compare between that team that went on the mad unbeaten (league) run and this starting XI?
Is that XI from the start of the season available for selection just now or is there injuries that's preventing it?

Quick question.
I know the Lichties have Spence and Donnelly, and they appear to be playing a major part in this team that's hit a bit of a rocky patch compared to the first 13-14 games.
How do the line ups compare between that team that went on the mad unbeaten (league) run and this starting XI?
Is that XI from the start of the season available for selection just now or is there injuries that's preventing it?

Basically we brought in donnelly and spence in January and they walked straight i to the team without improving it and pissing off a couple of players in the process. We also had a couple of injuries and suspensions which upset thing but we now have everyone available.

Me amongst most people would like the team back that did so well first half of the season so please dick just replace donnelly with wallace

We are by far and away the best team in this league so if we turn and up perform we will win the game. The problem is since Christmas I can only really remember 3 games (Stenhousemuir, Raith and Airdrie) when we have actually played well.
Slightly worrying that we are limping over the line but all will be forgotten when we win it over the next 3 weeks.
I also wouldn’t put it solely down to Luke Donnelly but that is normal due to our support constantly looking for one scapegoat to blame things on. There are other factors including a 4/5 week period where we had terrible injury problems, some players going off the boil, (eg  O’brien, Thomson, Hamilton, swankie not playing anywhere near to the consistency they played in earlier in the season) there has also been some unnecessary tinkering with the team in forward areas. I would bring in McCord  and move Swankie further forward and keep the rest the same.

Swankie impressed against Stranraer and could be a key man on Saturday. McCord still has a fantastic touch, but is he quick enough for the likely pace of the early part of this derby?

God knows how we survived when you were in the basement league for years.

Was only our third season in that league when we snatched that title off you [emoji4]

Could've went 4-1 to you on titles that day now looks like it'll be 3-3

Was only our third season in that league when we snatched that title off you [emoji4]

Could've went 4-1 to you on titles that day now looks like it'll be 3-3

We had to get deliberately relegated to access the Maroon Poond to stay afloat.

On 3/28/2019 at 16:39, relichtie said:

Usual back five as it picks itself.
Gold Whately Swankie Linn
McKenna and Wallace.
That's the guys who did the biz first half of the season.

As much as i am a massive McCord fan the above team is the one i would start tomorrow.

C'Mon the Red Lichties lets put this to bed.

Let’s do this Red Lichties, absolutely buzzing for this game, the maroon smokie army will soon be in town, Forfar have been superb this season and it’s a big ask for East Fife to beat Raith AGAIN but regardless the anticipation excitement and atmosphere will be electric tomorrow , would be unreal if it turned into another Stirling scenario, 36-0 mon the mighty maroons.

Archived