Forfar v Arbroath

Having been at Dens Park in 83, I’m delighted not to have witnessed the Smokies parading the league winners tee shirts and banners at Station Park yesterday.
I’m sure they’ll stumble over the line at some point but glad it wasn’t versus us.
Seem to remember a huge amount of last minute winner posts from the Lichties fans a season or so ago, so it’s nice to be on the other side of that too.
Well done the loons.

Decent game yesterday between the leagues two best teams in my opinion. A draw was probably a fair result and good to see Dick was angry in the manner we lost the game.

The wee lad up front for Forfar is a good player, not quite sure anyone at Arbroath would’ve ordered t shirts and boards and sent them to Forfar the day before, quite obviously sent by the league. 

Anyway, one more win should do it I think but could be two more weeks before we seal it.

I generally find Dirk Campbell’s post match interviews a fairly accurate reflection of what’s gone on in the game and this was no exception. He was raging at our defensive errors, gave some credit to Forfar. Since a number of other managers regularly moan about officials (Dick occasionally does), and not infrequently analyse the game from a very strange bias, I find it almost refreshing.

By the way, if Ladbrokes did sent celebratory materials to Station Park by way of preparations for a potential decider, that is just crass. They can stick them where the sun don’t shine and, IF and when we stumble across the line, we can request them AFTER it’s all done and dusted. Utterly damaging providing such a gift motivational weapon to the opposition.. and that means for the next few games

Guest bernardblack
I generally find Dirk Campbell’s post match interviews a fairly accurate reflection of what’s gone on in the game and this was no exception. He was raging at our defensive errors, gave some credit to Forfar. Since a number of other managers regularly moan about officials (Dick occasionally does), and not infrequently analyse the game from a very strange bias, I find it almost refreshing.
By the way, if Ladbrokes did sent celebratory materials to Station Park by way of preparations for a potential decider, that is just crass. They can stick them where the sun don’t shine and, IF and when we stumble across the line, we can request them AFTER it’s all done and dusted. Utterly damaging providing such a gift motivational weapon to the opposition.. and that means for the next few games

I was thinking the exact same RE the motivation point. Ended up as an advantage to us

34 minutes ago, farflung lichtie said:

Forfar made a point of saying it had nothing to do with Arbroath on their Facebook page today.

Guest bernardblack

I've only just seen Campbell's interview. 

His rage was unbelievably amazing. The referee should've given a foul on Swankie.....but I've no complaints 

Edited by bernardblack