Forfar v Arbroath

Surely nothing could be more motivational for the opposition, especially with three Angus derbies coming up in a row, to be discussing the trivial matter of when (surely not if?) we might be in a position to celebrate?

Add to that, given that we are currently at the bottom of the form table of the Angus mini-league, grinding out a couple of results from these games might present a slight challenge. I thought we saw glimpses of earlier season form in the second half of the East Fife game so would love to see that determination and flashes of class return.

As with the Stranraer game, if we could manage a draw at Station Park, that would an achievement. Sorting out league placings may take a few more games.

No time for this sort of negativity

McKenna and Wallace up front is a must!!
Hopefully coming back into form, certainly the 2nd half against East Fife was showing that plus a draw at Stranraer who are fighting for the lives was not too bad.
C'Mon the Red Lichties.

A Stranraer side who were down to 10 men for 45 minutes. It was a poor result

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

A Stranraer side who were down to 10 men for 45 minutes. It was a poor result

I know what you are saying but in the circumstances and in the position we are in with teams around us fighting for play-off/avoid relegation places getting a point from there was not great but it was also a not too bad result, if we 100% required the win then a different outlook might have been taken. 

I know what you are saying but in the circumstances and in the position we are in with teams around us fighting for play-off/avoid relegation places getting a point from there was not great but it was also a not too bad result, if we 100% required the win then a different outlook might have been taken. 

I think this can be applied to all the remaining games. Every one of them is going to be a real tussle with all the teams having something to play for (and the Angus teams in addition keen to return us to our ‘proper’ standing). Grinding out draws might be enough but we all know that’s a dangerous strategy.

My own hope would be that, as pitches and weather improve, we might manage to find form and rhythm again. We are a decent footballing side and, despite some apprehension at the start of winter that we might suffer with the poorer conditions, we’ve managed to keep on rolling but with less cohesion, and of course much poorer results.

Would it not be nice to strike some consistent form and end the season with a flourish ( a bang not a whimper?). Naw let’s just get it done anyhow. And avoiding defeat is always a worthwhile achievement

McKenna and Wallace up front is a must!!
Hopefully coming back into form, certainly the 2nd half against East Fife was showing that plus a draw at Stranraer who are fighting for the lives was not too bad.
C'Mon the Red Lichties.

Stranraer defended well and had a very lively counter attack. No shame in a draw there.

We saw encouraging performances from Swankie and Gold which could prove vital for the run in.

We now have all the players available to recreate the team of the first half of the season. Please start Wallace and bench the new boys for now.

Even after a poor showing last week I'd expect Easton to start. Team playing well in the shape JW obviously favours so I don't expect any big changes. The crap first half performance better be gone as I'd expect Arbroath to go for a fast start. With our defence at full strength I'd hope to win the midfield and plenty wing play with Baird making good use of the ball. Hopefully nobody sees red from either team. Mind you, Travis and Swankie, so ye never ken.

Guest bernardblack

I’d like to see Reilly come in. Would be harsh to drop Irvine but I think Reilly and Spencer are the best two in the middle of the park.

I’d probably start Bain over Moore for this one. Bring Moore on to stretch the game out with 20/25 left

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Decent season this season. Wasn’t great last season.

20 league starts, 9 goals, 7 assists, one player of the month award for the entire division. That record speaks for itself and a player with that return would be welcomed by every other team in the division, but bizarrely it's shunned by us.

If that's described as 'decent' then I assume you'd describe Gav Swankie/ Steven Doris/ Colin McGlashan etc. in their prime as 'mediocre' or similar? :D

I have a bad feeling about Saturday to be honest, as I do with all our upcoming games. If we continue with the same lineup/ tactical approach we have in the past 5/6 weeks we will trundle over the line and have a record like played 6, won 1, drawn 3, lost 2 of our last 6 games - Three 0-0 draws, a 1-0 with a goal from a corner and two losses with no goals scored. I hate being so pessimistic considering the position we're in, but with I don't see any goals in the starting 11 we continue to pursue, a side from Bobby Linn of course.

If Donnelly starts on Saturday I will lose the head. Let him on the pitch at half time to do his pishy step overs that do f**k all to f**k all. Wallace has to start, absolutely. Why not just play the team that got us to where we are?

ETA:Lol sound so angry here. Just want league over and done with xx

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

If Donnelly starts on Saturday I will lose the head. Let him on the pitch at half time to do his pishy step overs that do f**k all to f**k all. Wallace has to start, absolutely. Why not just play the team that got us to where we are?

ETA:Lol sound so angry here. Just want league over and done with xx

I am with you on this and we have to start with Wallace. It is time for Dick to swallow his pride and admit Donnelly is not the player he thought he was. 

I am with you on this and we have to start with Wallace. It is time for Dick to swallow his pride and admit Donnelly is not the player he thought he was. 

At Pink’s Q&A he said that Dick loved Donnelly and was absolutely delighted we signed him.

6 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Even after a poor showing last week I'd expect Easton to start. Team playing well in the shape JW obviously favours so I don't expect any big changes. The crap first half performance better be gone as I'd expect Arbroath to go for a fast start. With our defence at full strength I'd hope to win the midfield and plenty wing play with Baird making good use of the ball. Hopefully nobody sees red from either team. Mind you, Travis and Swankie, so ye never ken.

Easton could have been subbed before HT he was that bad.

Coupe and Reilly the only 2 changes, hopefully Matty is fit for the bench.

Mental how much everyone's opinion has changed on Wallace. Been very good for us since the day he signed!!

I agree, unselfish, team player, we won loads of games when he started

3 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Easton could have been subbed before HT he was that bad.

Coupe and Reilly the only 2 changes, hopefully Matty is fit for the bench.

Worst game I've seen from Easton but I can't think of many that deserved to come out after half time last week.  Baird and the 'keeper were about the only two with pass marks.

Was Matty crocked again last week?