Sons v Warriors - Relegation Bonanza

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the hell do we just seem to allow our players to f**k off on training camps/lads holidays?

That's us had Barr miss pre season due to a jaunt to America and miss a game against Stranraer because he was on a lads holiday to New York. Now we have one of our two keepers missing because he's at a traning camp with Rangers.

We're battling for survival here for f**k sake, not paying folk to bugger off and miss important matches. Poor stuff IMO.

10 hours ago, the snudge said:

How's Cook doing? Used to work with him, nice guy and some left peg! Told me a story about breaking a guys wrist with a shot in a 5s game he wasn't meant to playing in. Got me into the Rangers v Arbroath game in the away end and witnessed him score a cracker which nearly won me a couple of grand after having him as first goal scorer. 

Didn’t he open the scoring? How did it only nearly win you the dosh?

Why the hell do we just seem to allow our players to f**k off on training camps/lads holidays?

That's us had Barr miss pre season due to a jaunt to America and miss a game against Stranraer because he was on a lads holiday to New York. Now we have one of our two keepers missing because he's at a traning camp with Rangers.

We're battling for survival here for f**k sake, not paying folk to bugger off and miss important matches. Poor stuff IMO.
Is brennan on loan from rangers or what? I don't recall that?

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

In Duffy's time at Clyde, we had a guy miss games to go on a fortnight holiday to New York, someone missed the last three/four games of the season (including play-off semi-finals) due to a wedding AND honeymoon, and there were a few midweek long trips (Elgin, Stranraer) where we mysteriously ended up with two or three players on the bench and half the team missing. When he left, Barry Ferguson had to deal with the fact another player had arranged to do charity work in Africa. 

9 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is brennan on loan from rangers or what? I don't recall that?

He's an academy coach there. I did notice he retweeted something about their youth teams being in the Emirates last week and wondered if that's why he wasn't in the squad, but he was in a photo on their Twitter a couple of days ago.

I mean I suppose it is his day job at the end of the day, but it really isn't great at all to have players missing vital games because of work and holidays.

9 hours ago, David W said:

In Duffy's time at Clyde, we had a guy miss games to go on a fortnight holiday to New York, someone missed the last three/four games of the season (including play-off semi-finals) due to a wedding AND honeymoon, and there were a few midweek long trips (Elgin, Stranraer) where we mysteriously ended up with two or three players on the bench and half the team missing. When he left, Barry Ferguson had to deal with the fact another player had arranged to do charity work in Africa. 

:lol:

This is a game that we need to win. Could end up, at most, 8 points behind 9th if we lose.

We are only missing two players for today. Alan Cook and Cameron Breadner are both injured. I think we will line up;

Smith

Reid               Marsh                                          Munro                    Donaldson

Duthie            McBrearty                                 Ferry                       Dickson

Hurst                               McGuigan

TEAM | Adam, Ballantyne, Hutton, Gallagher, Forbes, R Barr, Ferguson, Paton, Thomas, Thomson, C Barr. Subs - Tshibangu, McKean, Melingui, Russell, Armour

Who on earth are Tshibangu and McKean, and where on earth is Carsy?

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

TEAM | Adam, Ballantyne, Hutton, Gallagher, Forbes, R Barr, Ferguson, Paton, Thomas, Thomson, C Barr. Subs - Tshibangu, McKean, Melingui, Russell, Armour

Who on earth are Tshibangu and McKean, and where on earth is Carsy?

My enthusiasm for today has just disappeared off the bottom of the scale.

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

No idea how we’ve set up. Paton at right back and Ferguson at centre half?

I thought Mango and Thomson at centre-half, Paton and Hutton in CM. Either way it's awful.

Archived