Sons v Warriors - Relegation Bonanza

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very worrying.

How were we able to beat Arbroath, East Fife, Montrose?

Brechin & Stranraer were both well beaten today, but that means f**k all if we can't beat the bottom side at home.

Well done to Stenny today who looked like today's game meant something to them.

We only started throwing everything into it in the last 10 minutes.

Game 1 since I started counting - Dumbarton 1-2 Stenhousemuir

Game 400 - Dumbarton 1-2 Stenhousemuir.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We didn't deserve anything from that and if Melingui hadn't been denied by that smashing late Graeme Smith save then it would've been a travesty.

Frightening how bad we are without Carsy. Might as well just forfeit when he isn't fit, second to every single ball in midfield, a defensive calamity and without any link between defence and midfield.

Brutal.

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Only one team looked as if they wanted to win that match today, so for that alone well done Stenny. As for our shortcomings, it has all been said and the evidence is there for all to see.

I don't think they wanted to win it either. For me, both teams deserved to lose that match but stenny had a slightly less shite defence than us which got them through. If they'd have played a primary school team, they wouldn't have scored their second goal. But they were playing dumbarton...

Game 1 since I started counting - Dumbarton 1-2 Stenhousemuir

Game 400 - Dumbarton 1-2 Stenhousemuir.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We didn't deserve anything from that and if Melingui hadn't been denied by that smashing late Graeme Smith save then it would've been a travesty.

Frightening how bad we are without Carsy. Might as well just forfeit when he isn't fit, second to every single ball in midfield, a defensive calamity and without any link between defence and midfield.

Brutal.

Carswell was playing last week and we looked just as bad. I have no idea why we can go from the team of a few weeks ago back to what we looked like earlier in the season. Also wonder if there were words in the dressing room with Paton. Melingui was called in almost as the teams were coming out. Seemed very much a last minute decision

24 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Carswell was playing last week and we looked just as bad. I have no idea why we can go from the team of a few weeks ago back to what we looked like earlier in the season. Also wonder if there were words in the dressing room with Paton. Melingui was called in almost as the teams were coming out. Seemed very much a last minute decision

He was at centre-half though, leaving us with a midfield full of guys who can't run.

I'd probably rather see Duffy on the wing tbqhwy.

Paton was poor in the first half, but so was everyone else. I think jim could have subbed any of them without complaint.

It was a terrible performance from us, it seemed that we set up with 8 defenders and hoped that Thomas or gal would get on the end of a punt and get a goal. A shocking performance with the exceptions of Cammy and Big Ryan who I thought done ok at cb.

I don't know who was marking the goal scorer for the 1st but I think both forbes and mango should do better at the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Very worrying.

How were we able to beat Arbroath, East Fife, Montrose?

Brechin & Stranraer were both well beaten today, but that means f**k all if we can't beat the bottom side at home.

Well done to Stenny today who looked like today's game meant something to them.

We only started throwing everything into it in the last 10 minutes.

Wouldn’t put much stock in that to be honest....we have beaten Arbroath (away), Montrose and just lost out on 3 points away to EF with the last kick of the ball, all in the last quarter too...the run in is going to be pretty crazy I think, everyone has a fair crack of beating anyone else in this league as it stands. Plenty twists to come.  I’d say Airdire only need to pick up one or two results now, everyone else from 7-10 is in a lottery though. 

14 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Wouldn’t put much stock in that to be honest....we have beaten Arbroath (away), Montrose and just lost out on 3 points away to EF with the last kick of the ball, all in the last quarter too...the run in is going to be pretty crazy I think, everyone has a fair crack of beating anyone else in this league as it stands. Plenty twists to come.  I’d say Airdire only need to pick up one or two results now, everyone else from 7-10 is in a lottery though. 

Fair point you make, most teams in this league are all capable of beating each other, on their day.

Just thought we'd turned a corner after a horrendous 5 or 6 months.

1 hour ago, RockMusic said:

I don't think they wanted to win it either. For me, both teams deserved to lose that match but stenny had a slightly less shite defence than us which got them through. If they'd have played a primary school team, they wouldn't have scored their second goal. But they were playing dumbarton...

All that BrianJonesTownMassacre music may well have messed with your mind.

Stenhousemuir deserved to win today

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

The timing of the Airdrie game being postponed has really fucked us. I was quite worried this would happen.

Spot on - and it really helped us. Dumbarton had their tails up at the time and we were poor - I think that extra week allowed Ian Murray tro regroup. If the game had gone ahead  we would have got pumped.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

All that BrianJonesTownMassacre music may well have messed with your mind.

Stenhousemuir deserved to win today

Not sure about that - they were better than us in the first half but hardly set the heather on fire. But there is only one thing for it now - only an evening of Brian Jonestown Massacre will bring today to a pleasant end.

8 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Spot on - and it really helped us. Dumbarton had their tails up at the time and we were poor - I think that extra week allowed Ian Murray tro regroup. If the game had gone ahead  we would have got pumped.

I agree that it’s likely we’d have won it. As mentioned, Airdrie were in a slump at the time and we were flying. It also allowed other teams to pick up points and put extra pressure on us before we played Raith. If that game had gone ahead and we were sitting on 37 points coming into the Raith and Stenny games, it would be a completely different story this evening.

As it stands, Airdrie will fancy a win on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
3 hours ago, FifeSons said:
Well, we’re right in it now.

We were never out of it IMO.

True, but now things are extra squeaky. On paper, we’ve got the games to get out of it, but that doesn’t count for much.

Archived