East Fife V Raith Rovers

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:
42 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Our board is useless! How did you only manage to attract 300 home fans against Stenhousemuir?

Given the weather conditions that night, 300 was an amazing turnout!

No it wasn't!

How did you lads manage to accumulate so much debt with an average league 1 squad?

Good question. Unfortunately I can’t answer that one, as I’m not an RRFC Board member.

I would say that last season we were better than average. That’s why we only missed out on winning the league by the width of a post and why we comprehensively beat most teams. Do you remember that 5-0 scudding? I bet you do.

I wouldn't have put you out in that Frankie boy!

Wouldn't you???
I thought there would have been a queue of both East Fufe and Rovers fans to do it!!!

Eta: sorry I thought you wrote lay him out, as you were, carry on!!!

I'd like to see some changes for this weekend. Currie off Tonks up front, Agnew and Davo in the middle with Sparky dropped. Someone like Kev or Broque playing in a wider position, or Kane in at RB with Dunsmore moving forward. Our shape at the weekend wasn't good, if we can get that right we have a chance. 

Cannot disagree with your above comment.Would also like to see Meggatt back in central defence.

Incidentally 1 of our better performances was  the last away game v Raith  when Slattery, Agnew , Davidson, and Docherty were shoehorned into the team probably to the detriment of Watt,, Dowds and Currie were played up front , and Dunsmore played in a more forward position.

23 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

The lineup, that in my opinion, is the best with the injuries we have: 

Thomson 

Gallespie     Murray      Davidson       Crane 

Gullan       Barjonas   Wedderburn   Flanagan 

Buchanan Nisbet 

This is a good lineup for what we have, I agree with it in whole. i'd like to see us take the game to East Fife this weekend, hopefully scoring plenty goals. Saying this expect a 4-0 gubbing. 

23 minutes ago, Easy Days for Raith said:

The lineup, that in my opinion, is the best with the injuries we have: 

Thomson 

Gallespie     Murray      Davidson       Crane 

Gullan       Barjonas   Wedderburn   Flanagan 

Buchanan Nisbet 

I wouldn't drop Matthews for Flanagan. The team that started against Dumbarton was better than the team that finished. Also, why would you push Gullan out wide right when he was great in the centre behind the front two?

We have to go into this with the same team as last weekend. We'll probably still put another crappy away performance in but we need to give it a go just on the off chance McGlynn has hit upon a formation that suits the players we have available.

I wouldn't drop Matthews for Flanagan. The team that started against Dumbarton was better than the team that finished. Also, why would you push Gullan out wide right when he was great in the centre behind the front two?

Fair enough, Gullan played well where he was on Saturday. Yet I just like Flanagan more than Matthews, even though it seems all rovers fans think he’s a shitebag.

Fair enough, Gullan played well where he was on Saturday. Yet I just like Flanagan more than Matthews, even though it seems all rovers fans think he’s a shitebag.

Honestly, it's not just all Rovers fans that think that!!!

Would you start Matthews over him then?

You just don't play a 4-4-2. It's not a case of picking Matthews over Flanagan.

Exactly. 4-4-2 hasn’t worked this season when we’ve tried it. But even if we were to go 4-4-2 then yes I would still start Matthews over him.

I would also start Matthews in the centre of the park ahead of Barjonas or even Wedderburn for that matter.

Archived