East Fife V Raith Rovers

6 hours ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

I do believe you are attempting to give the rest of us an image of yourself, that suggests you possess some intelligence?

It hasn't worked I'm afraid old chap.  Your statement is simply another example of pure pish.

Night, night. :)

Sorry to see you are so upset. Don't let it cause you to sleep ion for school on Monday.:)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we should of had a penalty for the handball that was given as an East Fife freekick at the time, the highlights haven’t changed my mind. Not that it matters now anyway.

Great fighting spirit by the players which I’ve not said often this season. Hopefully a turning point rather than another false dawn.

Looks like Nisbet is on track to hit 30 league goals this season which would be an incredible effort. Especially from someone written off by all his former clubs before joining. We’ll be doing very well to keep him for next season, under contract or not. It often goes unnoticed because of the amount of goals he scores but his hold up and all round play is superb.

That was pretty much 90 mins of the type of football that surely we are all glad wasn’t televised, that kind of shite would get the game banned.

Rovers the better team for the opening 10 then we were just awful for the rest of the half and could have been worse off than just 1 down. 

Second half we were better but still didn’t look like scoring until the last 15-10 mins when we piled on the pressure. East Fife were rarely in our half in the 2nd 45 and for that alone we deserved at least the draw.

I don’t buy into this derby doesn’t matter to me pish, all derbies matter and some more than most. This one took on more significance due to the earlier results in the season, that said the Pars are still my real derby (it’s an age thing)

A few points for the fifers still hurting this morning;

Murrays celebrations were nothing like Longs, did he knee slide in giving massive verbals to you all. Nope! Also as one of you stated earlier in the thread he had been the target for a lot of stick from the home end and would have been justified in dishing out plenty back.

The most delicious thing was the screwed up pus of Young when the winner went in, I just loved it!

44 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

That was pretty much 90 mins of the type of football that surely we are all glad wasn’t televised, that kind of shite would get the game banned.

Rovers the better team for the opening 10 then we were just awful for the rest of the half and could have been worse off than just 1 down. 

Second half we were better but still didn’t look like scoring until the last 15-10 mins when we piled on the pressure. East Fife were rarely in our half in the 2nd 45 and for that alone we deserved at least the draw.

I don’t buy into this derby doesn’t matter to me pish, all derbies matter and some more than most. This one took on more significance due to the earlier results in the season, that said the Pars are still my real derby (it’s an age thing)

A few points for the fifers still hurting this morning;

Murrays celebrations were nothing like Longs, did he knee slide in giving massive verbals to you all. Nope! Also as one of you stated earlier in the thread he had been the target for a lot of stick from the home end and would have been justified in dishing out plenty back.

The most delicious thing was the screwed up pus of Young when the winner went in, I just loved it!

Your summing up of the game is correct.East Fife don't score enough when they have control in games.The second half we just seemed to sit back and  nobody rectified it.Raith got there subs right we didn't.

3 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Wrong Steve Archibald got us promoted to the 2nd tier of Scottish football in 1996 I think . 

Tbf your an East Fife fan so you should know better if that was the case we were still on cloud 9 during our glory years. I do remember in the mid 80s East Fife were in the first division and the rest of the Fife teams were in the second. 

96-97 season we were in the old Div 1 and it was an absolute disaster! Winning one game all season and we were completely out our depth being the only part-time club in the league! Oh the memories o supporting yer local team eh!! [emoji85]

Denied what looks like a pretty stone wall penalty. Flanagan does so well just before our goal. East Fife number 7 basically costs them the second goal, absolutely sleeping whilst King Kev is alive and ready to head it into the net.

Surely "East Fife number 7" is allowed a wee nap, seeing as he was obviously not involved in the manager's plans at all yesterday and was sat on the bench for the whole game???

23 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Fecking oooft! Terrible game but delicious result, almost as enjoyable as the whisky In the EFFC board room, shame they ran out of Talisker might have taken some of that sour aftertaste away that some of the Fife players seemed to be experiencing after the 90

And a photobomber :bounce2as well as a whisky drammer!:guinness

(Just after the winning goal. Fleeting but impressive!)

58 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Surely "East Fife number 7" is allowed a wee nap, seeing as he was obviously not involved in the manager's plans at all yesterday and was sat on the bench for the whole game???

Shut up King you're an arse!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Still a seething mess I see. Any comeback on the majority of east fife players recently having played full time football or you still searching for the calculator? 

18 minutes ago, RR35 said:

Can’t believe how tasty some of these responses from East Fife fans are. Hammer them in the first games of the play offs then scud Alloa to get back to where we belong

There's no way we're playing East Fife in the semis of the playoffs. 

East Fife are almost as far away from 3rd place as we are from Arbroath. 

Archived