East Fife V Raith Rovers

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First away win of 2019 against a team we’d failed to beat in our previous 3 attempts. Can’t be bad. Onwards and upwards. Could do with a couple more wins for us and a couple more Arbroath defeats to make it really interesting on Sunday 21st April.

Clocks forward tonight *whistle*

Delighted with that. We were poor first half but stepped it up a bit second without threatening too much, but after the change was made EF couldn't cope with the two wingers. 

I think a draw was fair, but a draw was fair last time out at Bayview so it evens out I guess. 

Fair play to the young lads for the atmosphere at the end, especially when leaving the ground, caused a bit of seethe which is what these games are all about. 

35 minutes ago, rob71 said:

01C4F3F2-8E8B-4EE8-87A8-12B91CC100D2.thumb.jpg.4d3bd386d5e450b9852aeff5249c18c2.jpg

Good enough for Brett Long then good enough for this f**kwit! Taunting the EF fans, lino bottled it!

Is that the keeper who taunted the away fans in November? Hard to feel sympathy to be honest. 

2qt2rk.jpg

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Absolutely no complaints today. We were 1-0 up but for the opening 60 minutes there was nothing between the teams.
You can dress it as a sucker punch but Raith packed a punch in the last 30 and got their reward. Well deserved.
One thing's for sure though. The "we don't care about this derby" mask has absolutely slipped. The scenes at the end, with each goal, at the pub after, you care for sure.
Welcome to league one lads.

Good sensible post as usual BF but,the we dont care derby mask slipping,scoring two goals in the last 5 minutes to win a game would have been celebrated much  the same if it had been against YM juniors never mind East Fife.

43 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Long - Dundee Utd 17/18
Dunsmore - Hibs 16/17
Dunlop - Nope
Higgins - on loan from Ayr Utd
Meggatt - Nope
Watt - Nope
Davidson - Nope
Agnew - Nope
Slattery - Nope
Smith - Nope
Dowds - Nope

Court - Raith Rovers 17/18
Bell - unsure, he was with Raith last season but was he FT or a youth player???
The answer is you're talking shite, I await your apology!!!

I see you have still not calmed down yet. Your google must not be working properly. You have named 5 who have played and trained as full time pro's in the previous 3 years. Meggatt has been at Ayr United and Dundee in the previous 3 seasons so that's 6. Watt was full time with Livingston 2 years ago and I'm pretty sure Airdrie were full time when he played for them so there is 7. Now I'm aware your not the brightest but 7 into 13  is a majority which is what I said in the first place. Throw in Agnew who was full time 3 years ago and Smith who has a good 5 or 6 years experience playing full time then I think you will find I'm not talking shite.   Now calm down take a deep breath and try engaging your brain before you break your keyboard.

The whole point I was trying to make is the difference in quality between the poorest full time players which we are and the higher end of part time players, the majority of which have recently or are still training full time is minimal. I would fully expect the full time team to be slightly better which I think we are(ten point gap), but lying second in a league where we are the only full time outfit has to be deemed as a failure and im sure you will agree it's highly likely that both teams will be playing league 1 football next season.

7 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Does Frank (small c, incorrectly spelt) conner only comment when Rovers get beat?

Frank will be red eyed, staring at a flickering lightbulb in his 9 by 6 (c/w stainless steel toilet) at his self check-in for the weekend at Springfield wondering where it all went wrong.

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Good sensible post as usual BF but,the we dont care derby mask slipping,scoring two goals in the last 5 minutes to win a game would have been celebrated much  the same if it had been against YM juniors never mind East Fife.

Not sensible, because as your own supporters had already said up until you scored, East Fife were the better team for most of the game and the Rovers never threatened.  It was only after the subs coming on that the game changed, but be honest about your assessments, especially Big Fifer who must have been watching a different game and saying he had no complaints!  It was a smash and grab result and you know it.

2 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

Not sensible, because as your own supporters had already said up until you scored, East Fife were the better team for most of the game and the Rovers never threatened.  It was only after the subs coming on that the game changed, but be honest about your assessments, especially Big Fifer who must have been watching a different game and saying he had no complaints!  It was a smash and grab result and you know it.

Burglary you say?

See the source image

Frustrating afternoon.

Got exactly what we deserved today which was f**k all.

Play the way we did last 15 mins and it was pretty obvious we would concede.  Raith are utter horse shite yet we gifted them 2 avoidable goals by a midfield that completely lost its shape and more or less folded. Disappointing this wasn't addressed from the touchline as it was pretty fucking obvious from the stand!

Only consolation was seeing how much this win over the wee team fae along the road meant to our lino brethren. 

#FuckingRagin

Archived