East Fife V Raith Rovers

Given our form over the last month or so, no real surprise we were going to lose this.

Our form has dropped off a cliff and from being in a comfortable position to make the play offs we now look as though we are going to miss out.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no complaints today. We were 1-0 up but for the opening 60 minutes there was nothing between the teams.
You can dress it as a sucker punch but Raith packed a punch in the last 30 and got their reward. Well deserved.
One thing's for sure though. The "we don't care about this derby" mask has absolutely slipped. The scenes at the end, with each goal, at the pub after, you care for sure.
Welcome to league one lads.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Absolutely no complaints today. We were 1-0 up but for the opening 60 minutes there was nothing between the teams.
You can dress it as a sucker punch but Raith packed a punch in the last 30 and got their reward. Well deserved.
One thing's for sure though. The "we don't care about this derby" mask has absolutely slipped. The scenes at the end, with each goal, at the pub after, you care for sure.
Welcome to league one lads.

This Rovers fan thought differently.

CALDERON

• L'équipe BIG
  •  
  • CALDERON
  • Gold Members
  • 4,975 posts
  • My Team : Raith Rovers

EF have been impressive again. Playing at a high tempo and getting in our faces knowing full well we can't cope with that 

A game lacking any real quality, both teams pretty poor and on that body of evidence I would be staggered if any of those 2 teams threatened winning the play offs. Meggart and Higgins can hold their heads up high as they were colossal at the back for 87 minutes. Our problem the whole game was no midfield support for Smith and Dowds . Then the midfield decided to sit on top of the defence, then when Raith made 2 subs that created a bit of width we just never had the shape to deal with it. Had a lot of disappointments following East Fife but that last 5 minutes is up there with the best of them. The team look tired and leggy and don’t seem to have the same energy in games just now. I hope they can bounce back because having put so much time and effort into the last 9 months it would be a shame for the players to miss out on the play offs.

On 24 March 2019 at 12:29, buchan30 said:

Right you lot, play nice.

Didn't we just do that today!!!  If you sit back for 30/35 minutes and invite high balls being punted into your box the chances are that there will be a price to pay and sure enough we paid it. Fair enough Raith took full advantage. I suppose 7 points from 12against Raith is acceptable but could have been so much better in the first game at Starks and today. That's football.

Referee Kirkland kept up or should that be down the standard of refereeing in this league giving puzzling decisions against BOTH teams.

And what a comical bunch of young Raith neds walking to Leven bus station singing their derogatory songs. Showed a distinct lack of intelligence. Maybe we're uncomfortable having soiled their nappies at the last 5 minutes of the game!!

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Remember you don't care about this derby though. Make sure you keep that nonsense up.

Have you ever stopped to think that some rovers fans just say this to wind you up? It's clearly working based on the amount of mentions  on this from east fife supporters who have the rage tonight. 

Have you ever stopped to think that some rovers fans just say this to wind you up? It's clearly working based on the amount of mentions  on this from east fife supporters who have the rage tonight. 
To be fair, nine pints in, I'm foaming at the mouth.

A hard fought win away from home, we’ve not had many of those in recent times. 4 wins by a single goal away from home since Christmas 2017. 2 against East Fife and 2 against Airdrie. Strange how things work out.

It was a game of two halves. East Fife the better team first half and deserving of their lead. We were the better team second half and deserved the equaliser. Not sure that either team deserved the win but glad to see us not settle for the draw and keep pushing on and getting the reward.

Still think East Fife will have enough to finish 4th. They are the best team I have seen this season although they were poorer today than previous matches.

Jeezo you really are raging. How many of the 11 players plus the 2 subs who played for east fife today have been at full time clubs in the last 2 or 3 seasons? The answer is the majority. I await your apology.

Long - Dundee Utd 17/18
Dunsmore - Hibs 16/17
Dunlop - Nope
Higgins - on loan from Ayr Utd
Meggatt - Nope
Watt - Nope
Davidson - Nope
Agnew - Nope
Slattery - Nope
Smith - Nope
Dowds - Nope

Court - Raith Rovers 17/18
Bell - unsure, he was with Raith last season but was he FT or a youth player???
The answer is you're talking shite, I await your apology!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Long - Dundee Utd 17/18
Dunsmore - Hibs 16/17
Dunlop - Nope
Meggatt - Nope
Watt - Nope
Davidson - Nope
Agnew - Nope
Slattery - Nope
Smith - Nope
Dowds - Nope

Both.

9 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Long - Dundee Utd 17/18
Dunsmore - Hibs 16/17
Dunlop - Nope
Meggatt - Nope
Watt - Nope
Davidson - Nope
Agnew - Nope
Slattery - Nope
Smith - Nope
Dowds - Nope

Doesn't matter whether or not they were full time last season, it matters now.  If that was the case, why do the likes of massive teams like Raith bother going full time?  All they need to do is bring in full time players from the previous season and they would be sorted, no need to go full time ever!  To argue that a player who was previously full time means he must still be as fit, is just daft.

Archived