East Fife V Raith Rovers

We are going into this in quite poor form but we are back up to a near strength full squad. Likely just to be missing Watson and Murdoch.

I would certainly start with a front pair of Dowds and Currie as I remember Davidson had a bit of a nightmare against them previously. Dunsmore is wasted at right back and much more of a threat in midfield, so we need to have another right back in place of Watson.

We are going into this in quite poor form but we are back up to a near strength full squad. Likely just to be missing Watson and Murdoch.

I would certainly start with a front pair of Dowds and Currie as I remember Davidson had a bit of a nightmare against them previously. Dunsmore is wasted at right back and much more of a threat in midfield, so we need to have another right back in place of Watson.

I'd put Kano in at RB so that we can push Dunsmore back into midfield, We can't afford to tie Dunsmore up in defence, Raith always struggle against him and he has to be given every opportunity to keep up his goal scoring record against them!!!

Eta: or Meggatt back in beside Higgins and push Dunlop out to RB???

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I'd put Kano in at RB so that we can push Dunsmore back into midfield, We can't afford to tie Dunsmore up in defence, Raith always struggle against him and he has to be given every opportunity to keep up his goal scoring record against them!!!

Have you won a game yet with Higgins in the team?

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

We need dunlop in the middle with his pace and he isnt the most technical so i wouldnt have him at RB. Hes a decent sweeper at this level.

Agree with Dunsy playing in midfield but Kano seems to see red more than any other EF player this season and we need all 11 on the pitch for this one, so Ross Dunlop would be my preferred option.

Tbh, I think he's been hard done by on both occasions he has seen red, the referee was conned by Easton rolling about the floor holding his face when the video footage showed that Kano hadn't even touched him in that Forfar game and his second one was a yellow at the most!!!
He's probably getting himself an unfair reputation due to the refereeing inadequacy at this level!!!

One. He's played 4 times. 

Two draws in that run as well!!!

Don't think Higgins has done anything to be concerned about, he has been a good acquisition for us, what is debatable though is it is in a position where we really didn't need cover in the first place, I personally would have a thought a striker or attacking midfielder would have been uppermost in the temporary plans!!!

28 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

One. He's played 4 times. 

According to the BBC he's played in all 6 games in March winning only 1 and collecting only 5 points from 18 in the process. Is it a coincidence that your form's gone out the window since his arrival? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-one/scores-fixtures/2019-03?filter=results

Two draws in that run as well!!!
Don't think Higgins has done anything to be concerned about, he has been a good acquisition for us, what is debatable though is it is in a position where we really didn't need cover in the first place, I personally would have a thought a striker or attacking midfielder would have been uppermost in the temporary plans!!!

Agree- he is not playing badly- but do think Meggatt is a better defender. We badly need a creative midfielder( not easy to find at this level i know!)- some of the aimless high balls with no pace from the midfield makes the job of our strikers extremely difficult....

9 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Agree with dunsmore being further up the park but Kanes too slow for  right back.

............... Long

Kane, Dunlop, Meggatt, Slattery

Dunsmore, Davidson, Agnew, Watt

........ Dowds, Currie

Super Pat could even play at right back (is there a position that he can’t play?) and bring Linton/Docherty into left back. We have a few options.

In the FFP Big John says we want to right the wrongs of the previous games against East Fife. Even John knows that defeats to East Fife are wrong, so wrong. Natural order must be restored.

However, he then mentions that since we played them last we picked up a derby win against Dunfermline so we know we can win a derby...conveniently forgetting that the man who scored the hat-trick against The Pars, getting us that win, is sitting in the house recuperating.

However, he also knows that we are on a reasonable run - having won one game in a row - and East Fife are on a shite run having lost a whopping two games in a row.

Clash of the Titans.