Tuesday Night Soccerball - Invernesians vs Alloaonians

It was two of the most inoccuous goals I've ever seen. A random foray for Alloa results in a penalty for god knows what. Then the boy runs and hits it from miles out with the ball heading for a throw in, and it hits someone and goes the other way and trundles over the line in what seems to take about 5 minutes to go in. 

We have more than have enough to score against Falkirk but we need to concentrate more when we look comfortable in games in the future. 

It was two of the most inoccuous goals I've ever seen. A random foray for Alloa results in a penalty for god knows what. Then the boy runs and hits it from miles out with the ball heading for a throw in, and it hits someone and goes the other way and trundles over the line in what seems to take about 5 minutes to go in. 
We have more than have enough to score against Falkirk but we need to concentrate more when we look comfortable in games in the future. 

Looked like a pen from where I was tbh. No idea what happened with their second goal though, just a freak one.

Was probably one of the easiest 79 minutes we have had of the season so far. Absolutely cruising. Think Welsh coming off really let them get into the positions to get the two goals. He was MOTM by far and swapping him with Austin and dropping Polworth deeper made us lose control of the midfield.

This stage of the season though a win is a win and I don’t care how they come.

Don’t see any reason why another 3 points on Saturday won’t be coming our way.

51 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Maybe you need to try and think a wee bit harder. 

30 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Good interjection as per usual by your obsession of Alloa, but in next Alloa forum do you want to shut the f**k up?

Only 7 more games for you to put up with me before you're back to the pub leagues, satisfied in the knowledge you weren't Brechin of 2017/18.

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Looked like a pen from where I was tbh. No idea what happened with their second goal though, just a freak one.

Was probably one of the easiest 79 minutes we have had of the season so far. Absolutely cruising. Think Welsh coming off really let them get into the positions to get the two goals. He was MOTM by far and swapping him with Austin and dropping Polworth deeper made us lose control of the midfield.

This stage of the season though a win is a win and I don’t care how they come.

Good point re Welsh, at the time I couldn't put my finger on why Alloa were suddenly getting the freedom of the park having been absolutely bodied for 80 minutes.  He covers the back 4 so well and is as tenacious as they come.  Him going off totally ruined our shape as Polworth is not a DM and wants to get forward.  A total boob from Robbo there that almost backfired on us.

Welsh has been brilliant for us since he signed.  My POTY without a doubt.  And he can actually score penalties.

50 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Only 7 more games for you to put up with me before you're back to the pub leagues, satisfied in the knowledge you weren't Brechin of 2017/18.

Is your ass jealous of the amount of shit that just came out of your mouth.

Was a decent effort to pull it back at the end as I feared at 3-0 that we might get hammered. ICT well on top and Doran was excellent, but felt the goals we conceded were pretty cheap. Would have been interesting had the effort which went just wide at 3-1 and a few minutes left gone in as ICT did a look a bit shaky at that point. The second goal when it did come was really too late. We didn't deserve a point over the 90 mins anyway. 

Have to hope Roscoe is back ASAP as whatever the reshuffle we do without him we are a weaker team. 

Another great performance from Aaron Doran last night.  He was everywhere and looked really up for it.  Just shows what he can do when he's fit.  He's a great asset to have, especially with the amount of big games we have coming up.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Another great performance from Aaron Doran last night.  He was everywhere and looked really up for it.  Just shows what he can do when he's fit.  He's a great asset to have, especially with the amount of big games we have coming up.

When we have Walsh fit aswell with both them on the wings it's going to be a good run in

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Was a decent effort to pull it back at the end as I feared at 3-0 that we might get hammered. ICT well on top and Doran was excellent, but felt the goals we conceded were pretty cheap. Would have been interesting had the effort which went just wide at 3-1 and a few minutes left gone in as ICT did a look a bit shaky at that point. The second goal when it did come was really too late. We didn't deserve a point over the 90 mins anyway. 

Have to hope Roscoe is back ASAP as whatever the reshuffle we do without him we are a weaker team. 

Yep, we really needed ICT to have an off night to have a chance of taking something. They didnt. They were slick in possession and made us work hard off the ball. Certainly deserved the 3 points. 

I did think Stevie H was amongst our best players filling in at left back, but it wasnt ideal reshuffling the back 4 for the second consecutive game. 

The third goal in particular was poor from our point of view. At least we didnt give up though, and the mini comeback made them work for the win.

I think most fans would agree that Rooney-Donaldson-McCart-Tremarco is our best back four.  Have we ever actually played it?  We've always gotten teetering close to it, but never quite play it.  McHattie slotted in well last night, but Tremarco is still better.  

It definitely is. Rooney is far quicker than McKay so he gets the right back berth for that. Neither can defend but at least Rooney can pressurise attackers.