Junior Day

Seaside Sam

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's not even been revealed which EOS have refused this, they just announced the ones that do take part. So how can they be lambasted for it?

I dont think anyone was asked, at the start of the season when the fixtures were released is when we found out. 

The organisers attended a WRJFA meeting and done a presentation a few years ago, but nothing came of it.  They'd love to do something in Glasgow/Ayrshire.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Marten said:

If Inverkeithing, Peebles & Dunipace can do it, most junior clubs will be able to do it as well.

It's not even been revealed which EOS have refused this, they just announced the ones that do take part. So how can they be lambasted for it?

The “most” as in “not all”being the point I was trying to make 

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I dont think anyone was asked, at the start of the season when the fixtures were released is when we found out. 

The organisers attended a WRJFA meeting and done a presentation a few years ago, but nothing came of it.  They'd love to do something in Glasgow/Ayrshire.

I'm sure that if clubs really wouldn't want to be a part of this, they could have indicated this to the EOS before the fixtures were released. Maybe they weren't actively asked, but they could still have said no if they wanted to as far as I'm aware.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

I'm sure that if clubs really wouldn't want to be a part of this, they could have indicated this to the EOS before the fixtures were released. Maybe they weren't actively asked, but they could still have said no if they wanted to as far as I'm aware.

I'm not convinced many of the newcomers knew about it!  either way they do now, and those not involved so far are probably looking forward to a chance to do it next year.

8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I think there's only been one opinionated arsehole on this thread, have a quick look in the mirror.   You're the only person criticising something which a great many people enjoyed, you clearly have a bitter axe to grind with the organisers and those who take part for whatever reason.  Give it a rest, it's boring.

I bow to the messiah on the boring stakes. That said., being an apologist for spotters and the turkeys who voted for Christmas league hardly makes you a centre of wit or wisdom. Many people detest the spotter mob and their ways and their is nothing you or your kind can do to change that. Maybe your shining wit might be better aired away from a strand of football you deride so much... or maybe a spotter fest site is more your thing now? 

23 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

At Blackburn on Saturday, our fans enjoyed the experience as much as our guests, we were asked if this is going to be an annual thing, sadly not but a good day enjoyed by all none-the-less.

No reason why Junior clubs cant get involved in this with tweeking fixtures once a year to accommodate, even a self organised "non-league day" on International weekend in September would attract more people through the gate.

And still the silence is deafening on the question of why a 'fan' of one of the turkeys that voted for Christmas thinks a level of football that is, by definition, not his thing is worth so much of his time and trouble. Your mob has its spotterfest you love so much, fair game for even  you to comment, I suppose...but if it's about the Juniors, you have no interest in it or, thankfully, no influence.

I watch the juniors and pay to get in, so not wanting it  to lose its identity is an opinion I'm entitled to, as is that of not wanting nasal whines and anoraks to spoil things for people who watch the juniors at 2pm on a Saturday. 

I'm a nobody with no influence, or a  desire for any....I'm not sure some are big enough to admit exactly the same.

16 hours ago, froggie said:

And still the silence is deafening on the question of why a 'fan' of one of the turkeys that voted for Christmas thinks a level of football that is, by definition, not his thing is worth so much of his time and trouble. Your mob has its spotterfest you love so much, fair game for even  you to comment, I suppose...but if it's about the Juniors, you have no interest in it or, thankfully, no influence.

I watch the juniors and pay to get in, so not wanting it  to lose its identity is an opinion I'm entitled to, as is that of not wanting nasal whines and anoraks to spoil things for people who watch the juniors at 2pm on a Saturday. 

I'm a nobody with no influence, or a  desire for any....I'm not sure some are big enough to admit exactly the same.

I still don't see how it will lose its identity. Camelon juniors vs linlithgow rose was the same game this season as it was last season other than bigger crowds due to it being organised on a Saturday when spfl games weren't on instead of midweek 415 instead of 250

17 hours ago, froggie said:

Jesus christ. "Lose its identity" - football is football.

Not based in Scotland: check.

Visits lots of non-league clubs: check.

Likes to sample the 'identity' of a club: check.

Engages in tedious arguments about the minutiae of regulations: check.

Sorry @froggie, you sound like a groundhopper to me...

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Same guy spouting about ‘losing identity’ at the same time calling other people anoraks.
Everything i’ve seen about the groundhoppers suggest that they come to experience the atmosphere, surroundings and ‘identity’ of the host clubs.

Ok, I'll keep it simple. Have I ever asked a club to kick off at a tome to suit me? NO

Do I comment on a section of football I don't watch? NO

Do I desperately want everybody to play in the same stream of football, if some don't want to? NO

Do I care if someone wants to watch their team in a certain stream of football, provided they don't think they can have a say in what others choose? NO

Do I think spotters bring anything to football except a one off bit of cash and an attitude that the world revolves around them? NO

You can agree or disagree, I couldn't care less, but your opinion is that of someone, just like me, who will never be in a position to change anything. 

Simple enough even for even for those who think they know it all and speak for everybody, when, just like me, they don't.

4 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Not based in Scotland: check.

Visits lots of non-league clubs: check.

Likes to sample the 'identity' of a club: check.

Engages in tedious arguments about the minutiae of regulations: check.

Sorry @froggie, you sound like a groundhopper to me...

You sound like an anti psychosis drug, but I don't hold that against you

Archived