Junior Day

Seaside Sam

8 minutes ago, santheman said:

And get lambasted for it on here no doubt

....did any of the EOS clubs that kicked of at normal times get lambasted this weekend?

No, no they didnt but you just continue to try and put a negative spin on everything.  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Jason King said:

....did any of the EOS clubs that kicked of at normal times get lambasted this weekend?

No, no they didnt but you just continue to try and put a negative spin on everything.  

And right on cue

1 hour ago, santheman said:

And right on cue

You brought up the negative issue. It's not lambasting to point out you seemingly want things to be seen in a negative light just so you can sit on some supposed  higher moral ground compared to those wanting to move football forwards.

Move forwards instead of continually looking back.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

You brought up the negative issue. It's not lambasting to point out you seemingly want things to be seen in a negative light just so you can sit on some supposed  higher moral ground compared to those wanting to move football forwards.

Move forwards instead of continually looking back.

Where did I say it was a bad idea or that I wasn't for it??

I merely pointed out that not all teams have the manpower to cope with large crowds.

In your view If that's being negative or holding the moral high ground then too bad.

48 minutes ago, santheman said:

Where did I say it was a bad idea or that I wasn't for it??

I merely pointed out that not all teams have the manpower to cope with large crowds.

In your view If that's being negative or holding the moral high ground then too bad.

It doesn't matter if it's playing on front room carpets instead of grass, or playing at the inconvenience of faithful to appease the lunatic fringe...it's always the same cliched responses.

A spotter fest will NEVER be seen as a failure by some,, whatever happens the spin doctors see to that. Pandering to the anoraks will always be seen as a price worth paying by those hypnotised by the spin, regardless of the regulars who WILL come back and between them cover the two hundred extra admission fees gathered.

As soon as anyone dares to question if it is reasonable to inconvenience some who put a great amount into a club to satisfy some who never have and never will, the anorak apologists spit their dummies out.

I am fortunate, I don't have a loyalty to a team, so I can always go elsewhere to watch a  different game , should a gaggle of irritants be likely to appear at my Saturday 2pm fix time. Loyal fans of a team aren't so lucky.

Find a way to entice new fans from the locality...They might come back, won't expect a programme, or special treatment. By the time they've been back a while, you have the same money as you'd get from a spotters' football orgy and you won't have pissed off your faithful support either.

At Blackburn on Saturday, our fans enjoyed the experience as much as our guests, we were asked if this is going to be an annual thing, sadly not but a good day enjoyed by all none-the-less.

No reason why Junior clubs cant get involved in this with tweeking fixtures once a year to accommodate, even a self organised "non-league day" on International weekend in September would attract more people through the gate.

57 minutes ago, santheman said:

No, no you didnt - you made a snidey comment about posters on here to try and look cool to the backwards thinkers.

By the way I think Groundhopper day is a pile of mince as well but I wouldnt castigate any club that takes part or any club that doesnt take part.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 00:45, Burnie_man said:

It wasnt just all people from England, a lot of Scottish "hoppers" were there as well.

And also some from further afield than that - the bloke sat next to me at Peebles who I got chatting with had come over from Switzerland. Apparently there were others from the continent too.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

No, no you didnt - you made a snidey comment about posters on here to try and look cool to the backwards thinkers.

By the way I think Groundhopper day is a pile of mince as well but I wouldnt castigate any club that takes part or any club that doesnt take part.

I bow to the superior knowledge of a "forward" thinker then

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

And also some from further afield than that - the bloke sat next to me at Peebles who I got chatting with had come over from Switzerland. Apparently there were others from the continent too.

There were 4 Kaiserslautern fans at Blackburn. Whether they travelled from Germany or were UK based I don't know, but they had various Kaiserlautern shirts on.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

There were 4 Kaiserslautern fans at Blackburn. Whether they travelled from Germany or were UK based I don't know, but they had various Kaiserlautern shirts on.

Probably swapped shirts with a horde of 'Lautern fans who turned up for a pre season friendly at Brentford, but a guess rather than the irrefutable 'proof' some think necessary to voice even an opinion on something as contentious and the grim spotterfest nightmare.

1 minute ago, froggie said:

Probably swapped shirts with a horde of 'Lautern fans who turned up for a pre season friendly at Brentford, but a guess rather than the irrefutable 'proof' some think necessary to voice even an opinion on something as contentious and the grim spotterfest nightmare.

Just WTF is your point on this thread?  you're an English groundhoppper just like many of those over the weekend, you're no different.  Did someone pish on yer chips?

You enjoy doing your thing, and let others enjoy what they want to do.  You just come across as a very bitter individual.

I have for the past 5 or 6 years proposed at the west region to change all kick off times to either a 2-30 or 3 pm kick off , however despite getting support from the better supported clubs this proposal has constantly been defeated , excuses have been 3pm would mean being stuck in a traffic jam from Ibrox , or being unable to go out with the Mrs as excuses not to vote for change,  my argument is how often do Rangers play on a Saturday nowadays  ,or do we really need to put ourselves in direct competition with Sky games which Kick off at 12-30 and finishing at 2-20  , I honestly think that we give ourselves a better chance of attracting fans of preferably a 3pm kick off or at least if we get a 2-30 kick off ,will put all junior games kicking off at the same time..

Just WTF is your point on this thread?  you're an English groundhoppper just like many of those over the weekend, you're no different.  Did someone pish on yer chips?
You enjoy doing your thing, and let others enjoy what they want to do.  You just come across as a very bitter individual.
Burnieman looks rattled [emoji23]

Obviously someone else on here having a pop at him has raised his temper.

True colours showing now my man

9 hours ago, santheman said:

It’s fine when the clubs have the manpower to man the gates and pie hut and everything else a big crowd brings but unfortunately some of the smaller clubs don’t have the bodies required

If Inverkeithing, Peebles & Dunipace can do it, most junior clubs will be able to do it as well.

9 hours ago, santheman said:

And get lambasted for it on here no doubt

It's not even been revealed which EOS have refused this, they just announced the ones that do take part. So how can they be lambasted for it?

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're quite right, let others do what they want to do. Once you've finished being an opinionated, comically unintimidating arsehole, but one who doesn't like anyone else having an opinion different to yours, you can do your own thing too. A box of tissues should cover it.

Just now, froggie said:

You're quite right, let others do what they want to do. Once you've finished being an opinionated, comically unintimidating arsehole, but one who doesn't like anyone else having an opinion different to yours, you can do your own thing too. A box of tissues should cover it.

I think there's only been one opinionated arsehole on this thread, have a quick look in the mirror.   You're the only person criticising something which a great many people enjoyed, you clearly have a bitter axe to grind with the organisers and those who take part for whatever reason.  Give it a rest, it's boring.

Archived