Junior Day

Seaside Sam

8 hours ago, santheman said:

Never ceases to amaze me how threads always seem to get hijacked on here

Maybe it is an attempt to show how a forum hijack is a bit like having your enjoyment hijacked by a rabble of nerdy anoraks! 

24 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not a fan then, no?

Don't set him off again :lol: Actually my experience of these trainspotters is much the same, although I think froggie is trying a bit too hard... probably was one of them in a previous life :whistle

31 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Don't set him off again :lol: Actually my experience of these trainspotters is much the same, although I think froggie is trying a bit too hard... probably was one of them in a previous life :whistle

Maybe I have just had more experience of them than some. Thanks for the trying too hard barb... I'd be more suspicious of someone who diverts attention from the curse of the nasal whiners as perhaps being a closet satchel carrying spotter personally!

Edited by froggie

6 hours ago, froggie said:

Maybe it is an attempt to show how a forum hijack is a bit like having your enjoyment hijacked by a rabble of nerdy anoraks! 

Was actually referring to the little Kelty Kilwinning spat which has no relevance to Junior Day as far as I can tell

On 25/03/2019 at 21:04, highlandcowden said:

im planning attending these games on Friday and Saturday though I think ill try and catch a 1400 juniors game rather than the inverkeithing one,i think a north Lanarkshire game will be easier to get to/from

Cumbernauld  v Benburb..makings of an interesting match 

Was at the Dunipace game last night not because it was a groundhop episode but  it  was a game we had become aware of  from a previous visit..game against Haddington.....with little competition locally crowd around 50....380 last night ..extra cash might help.Point is though no concessions available .It didn't bother me too much and the Dunipace guys were quite apologetic but this was not well advertised..and no it would not have stopped me going

Was at the Dunipace game last night not because it was a groundhop episode but  it  was a game we had become aware of  from a previous visit..game against Haddington.....with little competition locally crowd around 50....380 last night ..extra cash might help.Point is though no concessions available .It didn't bother me too much and the Dunipace guys were quite apologetic but this was not well advertised..and no it would not have stopped me going

I also heard a couple of locals complaining that they'd ramped up the prices in the pie hut too.

Supply and demand I suppose, take the opportunity to make extra money when its there.

8 minutes ago, Gimme said:

I also heard a couple of locals complaining that they'd ramped up the prices in the pie hut too.

Supply and demand I suppose, take the opportunity to make extra money when its there.

Prices gone up I think since move to EoS League more in line with the highway robbery from the champagne charlies in the Lowland League...in short dear by most junior club standads

1 hour ago, Village elder said:

So the £6 entry for everyone is mandated by the EOS?

Shocking if true, shafting your regular customers in favour of someone who you'll never see again seems a bit on the odd side.

Do the EOS get a cut of these inflated gates?  Fair play to Dunipace for getting almost 400 people, they had around 100 when I was at a game there v Crossgates earlier in the season and they used to average lower than that when the Bens were in the same league, but what's the tangible long term benefit for them?

The more I hear about this Groundhop the more I can see why the West region have turned down previous approaches.

Edited by Jason King