Junior Day

Seaside Sam

23 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

No, its because 11 am is a totally inconvenient time. Some players work on a Saturday morning.

Fans work on a Saturday morning or take their children to other activities.

You will easily lose 200 regular fans to wipe out the ones you gain.

Its OK if your crowds are about 20 anyway but anybody with a decent crowd gain nothing.

If its so good why do no teams ask to kick off at 11 am normally

Or maybe because you look at the negative. Everything's always negative when it's change. Fucking leave the lot of you in the 60s and you'll be happy 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Groundhop dates were finalised last July, eight months notice would be  enough time for players of two teams playing at 11am would it not.

If Saturday is a contracted working day for you that could mean half a day annual leave

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Ok that's a fair point but wouldn't a player from say an Ayrshire team have to do that anyway say if they were drawn away to a North or Tayside team in the Scottish junior cup?

Admittedly yes but there are only so many times you are willing to do that without adding to it for artificial reasons

48 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Fortunately there's a normal kick-off time (2.15pm) in the groundhop so a club who doesn't want to change the time could still take part. There's lots of smaller clubs out there who I'm sure would be interested if some of the bigger clubs aren't.

Sadly, there is very little normal about the sort of people these football orgies attract , however, so prepare to have normality shattered and a bunch of never seen again think you should bow at their feet for the honour of having their anoraked deluge of nerdiness visit your park.

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Counter my arguments them

Easy it's one game a season that does generate extra income and interest in the games. 11am for a one off or 8pm isn't a major thing if you support your team you will go. Although not in the juniors because it's not the normal time.

Some people will have activities at other times some dont. As gogsy said it's the same as junior cup long haul yous just dont want to change

It doesn't have to be done to cater for the southern groundhoppers, in particular. You could organise a weekend, specifically, for more local fans, which could be attractive to groundhoppers, additionally. 

Keep the travelling down so that it's all Glasgow teams one season, Ayrshire teams the next etc, but decide before the fixtures are made up so that logistics can be worked out and fixtures added to suit. 

Do it early in the season to take advantage of the summer nights. 

5 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

I am surprised that you as one of the more forward thinking  junior fan are not  enthusiastic to try something like this. The game needs something different, I don’t disagree that there may not be an attractive proposition to the away teams and also to some tradionalists who prefer a 2 pm KO whether it be for work commitments or other reasons.

If we do not try things we will never know if it would be a success or not!

I never said I wouldn't try it or assist with it. I just don't see the point to it.

I don't see the point to Eddie Stobart spotters either, but I wouldn't ban them from standing on motorway bridges.

To each their own.

5 hours ago, Kennie said:

I never said I wouldn't try it or assist with it. I just don't see the point to it.

I don't see the point to Eddie Stobart spotters either, but I wouldn't ban them from standing on motorway bridges.

To each their own.

... But at least lorry spotters don't expect the traffic to fit in with their nerdiness, or demand drivers produce copies of their timesheet. I fit in with real supporters of clubs, as do many outside the lunatic fringe, making it entirely reasonable to expect others, including overly self important football orgy addicts to do the same. Do it once, they will expect it again. Generating better links with schools, youth organisations? A more long term plan to get paying guests than kow towing to a bunch of obsessive misfits, I'd say. 

9 hours ago, gogsy said:

Ooft state of that and some of your previous posts. Saw some of them at Kelty last season, none of them caused the problems you suggested. Sure we had more problems at Kelty when the drunken rabble from Kilwinning were here a few seasons back.

If you don't want to be bothered with groundhoppers ,why not still market a junior day? Someone suggested the September international weekend earlier, get advertising and organise it for then.

Was that the Kilwinning game the fan got his jaw broke?

12 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

im planning attending these games on Friday and Saturday though I think ill try and catch a 1400 juniors game rather than the inverkeithing one,i think a north Lanarkshire game will be easier to get to/from

Cumbernauld v Bens - easily gettable for 2pm if you're heading to Camelon v Edinburgh at 11am.

Ooft state of that and some of your previous posts. Saw some of them at Kelty last season, none of them caused the problems you suggested. Sure we had more problems at Kelty when the drunken rabble from Kilwinning were here a few seasons back.
If you don't want to be bothered with groundhoppers ,why not still market a junior day? Someone suggested the September international weekend earlier, get advertising and organise it for then.

That drunken rabble from Kilwinning u blame, had no problems with any Kelty fans and mingled well with them.Their only problem was 1 when it emerged there was 1 player u employed that most of society wouldn't touch and made it clear.no problems with any other fans or player.

1 hour ago, buffy1899 said:

That drunken rabble from Kilwinning u blame, had no problems with any Kelty fans and mingled well with them.Their only problem was 1 when it emerged there was 1 player u employed that most of society wouldn't touch and made it clear.no problems with any other fans or player.

So you admit that your drunken fans decided to target and abuse a Kelty player who was warming down, minding his own business after the match? Glad we cleared that up then.

Archived