ICT V FFC

Absolutely nothing to write home about apart from the last 10 - 15 minutes when Trafford of all people skipped down the left flank and poked the ball in to McHattie who flashed a shot wide. Then Polworth, who perhaps had a better chance to score, teed up Doran who saw his goal bound effort blocked and the follow up shot from Polworth was also diverted away from goal. 

Falkirk could have stolen three points right at the death when Lavery tried to flick a loose ball past Ridgers who saved at the second attempt.

All in all a thoroughly dull and forgetful afternoon.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was a real fucking chance to basically cement a play off place as we knew Dunfermline had already lost. 

It was such a poor game and we left it far too late to actually try and penetrate a stuffy Falkirk backline. How Polworth didn't score at the end is beyond me. 

A huge opportunity missed. 

Sometimes I think Robbo is far too conservative.  Falkirk were there for the taking; they were no great shakes, set up for 0-0 and had barely troubled us all game.  When I saw Austin on the touchline I thought 'here we go'  - McHattie or Trafford was coming off and were going for it with a 4-4-2/4-2-4 but no, he takes White off as a like for like change.  Brad Mckay was also having a poor game and bringing Rooney on to overload the right could've seen us break through.  Two points dropped.

47 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Sometimes I think Robbo is far too conservative.  Falkirk were there for the taking; they were no great shakes, set up for 0-0 and had barely troubled us all game.  When I saw Austin on the touchline I thought 'here we go'  - McHattie or Trafford was coming off and were going for it with a 4-4-2/4-2-4 but no, he takes White off as a like for like change.  Brad Mckay was also having a poor game and bringing Rooney on to overload the right could've seen us break through.  Two points dropped.

Thing is, our “no great shakes” are a team you haven’t beaten since the first game of the season. You have taken 5 points from a combo of our worst team in decades, and one cobbled together by McKinnon in January.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Thing is, our “no great shakes” are a team you haven’t beaten since the first game of the season. You have taken 5 points from a combo of our worst team in decades, and one cobbled together by McKinnon in January.

Indeed and that is the story of our season.  We could've done so much more.  Drawing home and away with Alloa, beaten at Ross County despite battering them, beaten at home by a guff Partick side, drawing 0-0 at home with an Ayr side who played most of the game with ten men and as you say, two draws and a defeat with a poor Falkirk side.  Teams that go places don't falter in games like these.

Archived