ICT V FFC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

My concern is that the teams around of us are chasing three points. McKinnon appears to be happy to chase one point....

I agree. He appears to be happy for us to play really negatively in the hope of grinding out turgid 0 0 draws.

Alloa is a must win now or I fear we will finish bottom.

This is grim. Nae width at all we’ve got Ross MacLean hiding somewhere on the right and McShane playing miles out of position on the left. Don’t even think we’ve had a shot second half.

BBC stats say we have yet to have a shot. Never mind a shot on target.
Awful.
Terrible for those of you who travelled up....

That was rubbish as we have two in the first half off target

That’s the best we have played for 2/3 games. Twist and turns every week from here. If we win Tuesday it makes everything so tight and win Saturday it will kill Alloa IMO. Not the end of the world today but results elsewhere make it feel bad.

Grim set of results bit not winning away to ICT is hardpy a disaster. Lets win our home games tho

Aye the result itself isn’t too bad but with the results of the others around us and the performance we put in means it’s 2 points dropped rather than a point gained.

Anything less than 6 points from the next 2 isn’t good enough imo.

The worrying thing for me and it has been a concern all through Ray's reign is we don't seem to be setting up to give ourselves a chance to win games.

It's great getting a point at tough places like Inverness but we need to back that up with wins at TFS and to do that we need to attack teams at home.

Let's be honest, the other results today have made this sound worse than it is. A lot of people were saying 7 points from the next 3 games would be great and I'd guess they were betting the draw would be against Caley. Hopefully we get a win on Tuesday

Let's be honest, the other results today have made this sound worse than it is. A lot of people were saying 7 points from the next 3 games would be great and I'd guess they were betting the draw would be against Caley. Hopefully we get a win on Tuesday

Aye, but I think most of us were banking on a QoS side out of confidence. They’ll start favourites after winning at Tannadice...

Aye, but I think most of us were banking on a QoS side out of confidence. They’ll start favourites after winning at Tannadice...

They were always favourites for me

Falkirk were set up for 0-0 but we were poor.  The whole Brad Mckay at full back thing has got to be stopped.  With Chalmers on the wing and being very left footed, Mckay is the man to give us width and swing crosses in, which would be great if he wasn't as slow as a week in jail and his crosses beat the first man.  Trafford was either going to get sent off or killed, while McHattie, bar one shot, was pretty anonymous.

I guess McKinnon has been really successful in stopping the rot, and that in itself is a major achievement. The biggest issue is that we have stalled at that level. Draws are killing us, and spinning it as one defeat in the last ten isn’t really cutting it in the survival stakes. We would have been a point better off if we had won 2 of the five draws and lost the rest.

I think the ultra cautious shitfest performances have to stop as of right now. Today’s result wasn’t bad. It’s simply that Alloa, Partick and Queens had wins today over teams that we have failed to beat all season (but have had a few draws against)....and that might be our downfall.

Archived