ICT V FFC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a big game for us as we need to put a claim on the third playoff spot. Great to see us hitting form at the right time as well. Oh and yes referring to another thread where I had said that we were much improved from earlier in the season, Yes I was correct and still stand by that.

After tonight’s result I think you are pretty much there even if you lose....

Chalmers has certainly improved as his time with us has gone on, but he's very seldom outstanding.  He has basically one foot, one pass and one move - basically picking up the ball, stopping it and then passing it leftwards.  Trafford was guff up until the game at Tannadice, when he became like some sort of midfield destroying virtuoso.  Despite this though, he always looks a bit awkward and doesn't really win the ball much.  He also constantly, when he has a ball at his feet, looks like he's going to fall flat on his face.

They're both reasonable enough on their own, but Welsh is the wise head to sit in-front of the defence.  Losing him is massive.  We could play Polworth in there (he played well there under Yogi) but we'd lose what he brings further forward.  Doran doesn't ever really play there and McCauley looks as stiff as a board.  Walsh played there a lot for Dumbarton, so I think that's our best bet with Doran on one wing and...someone else on the other.

Exceptionally well.

That’s what happens when a useless man like Hartley is in charge.

He always looked fucked after about 30 minutes. I don’t think he ever lasted a full game. He looked like an alright player though.

He always looked fucked after about 30 minutes. I don’t think he ever lasted a full game. He looked like an alright player though.
Hartley signed him and Hartley wanted to keep him sonits not like Falkirk branded him shite and emptied him at the firdt opportunity.

From the cameos we seen, he certainly looked like a player that could do a Mark Kerr style, no fuss holding the strings of a game, but never quite got there for us in those appaearances. Whether he would have this season, dountful since if he had stayed he would have been the only person in midfield until January. He wouldnt have survived that.

I think Welsh was played too far forward for us. I remember thinking when he came on against Dundee United in the 6-1 game he looked a player, other than that didn't stand out much and I think fitness issues limited his game time. Hartley obviously felt he could recruit better in the summer - and then proceeded to sign fucking Sammut, Paton, Irving, Froxylias and Owen-Evans...

Chalmers has certainly improved as his time with us has gone on, but he's very seldom outstanding.  He has basically one foot, one pass and one move - basically picking up the ball, stopping it and then passing it leftwards.  Trafford was guff up until the game at Tannadice, when he became like some sort of midfield destroying virtuoso.  Despite this though, he always looks a bit awkward and doesn't really win the ball much.  He also constantly, when he has a ball at his feet, looks like he's going to fall flat on his face.
They're both reasonable enough on their own, but Welsh is the wise head to sit in-front of the defence.  Losing him is massive.  We could play Polworth in there (he played well there under Yogi) but we'd lose what he brings further forward.  Doran doesn't ever really play there and McCauley looks as stiff as a board.  Walsh played there a lot for Dumbarton, so I think that's our best bet with Doran on one wing and...someone else on the other.

Tom Walsh playing in holding midfield is absolutely not our best bet.

Charmers drops back and Walsh plays in his natural position.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was never fully fit at Falkirk

He’s literally never been fully fit. I’m sure it came out that he had some sort of blood (?) condition that meant injuries heal very slowly.

We got sporadic months of game time from him, and was always a tidy player, especially at this level. Wee bit too slow for the top flight, though.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Tom Walsh playing in holding midfield is absolutely not our best bet.

Charmers drops back and Walsh plays in his natural position.

I was actually talking about if we moved Polworth back and Walsh or Doran at number 10.  I should've made it clearer.

Can’t really argue much about the team tbh. Hoping we’re starting 4-3-1-2 then at least we’ve got the option to go to a 4-3-3 if it’s no working.

Bit more of a surprise with the bench. Kevin O’Hara coming in for Lewis Kidd.

Archived