Elgin v Albion

Albion fully deserved their win and arguably should have won by more. Elgin never got out of first gear and just went through the motions with aimless passing and complete lack of urgency. Albion have a chance now to escape but if they do finish bottom I think they may struggle in the play off. Elgin 's season is finished and it is difficult to see where the next win will come from.  Seriously worried about next season under the current management.

Shocked at this result although Albion will scrap for everything given their current predicament.
I saw Elgin v Clyde in the last 2 games and although they're not top 4 material, they looked a better football side than Stirling and the thugs called Annan.
JP McGovern was a great player for Clyde and Lowden was unlucky with his injury which robbed him of a yard of pace so hopefully you'll kick on next season.

Got to agree with Elginer. We’ve re signed most of our defence, offered contracts to the remainder, so same old next season. I’m afraid I can only see a downward spiral to the play offs, if not next season, the one after, if no change. Hope I’m wrong but can’t see us attracting the quality players we need.

Got to agree with Elginer. We’ve re signed most of our defence, offered contracts to the remainder, so same old next season. I’m afraid I can only see a downward spiral to the play offs, if not next season, the one after, if no change. Hope I’m wrong but can’t see us attracting the quality players we need.

There’s the problem, the defence 🤷🏼‍♂️

Dreadfully lifeless performance not helped by a bumpy, firey pitch. 

STILL we persist with lumping the ball forward for our two up front to try and win against taller, stronger defenders.     On the one occasion we played the ball on the deck (about 80 minutes in!) we cut Rovers open.  But they hadn't thought, or been told, to try this earlier.   Pretty much impossible to pick a M-o-M but I suppose Bronsky for his last ditch challenge (although that only made up for his mistake for the first goal!)   Yet again Darryl covered miles.  Great effort from the lad.

Kane Hester was furious when subbed for Chris McLeish.. can't say I blame him.  We do have some very good players at City, but I think what we also have is a coaching problem, maybe it is the old - not training together enough -  something isn't right.  I don't think we have bad players (with a couple of exceptions), just  poor game management.   Surely there must be some player who has played at a higher level who wants to drop down a couple of levels that could add some experience to the squad.  

I think with some of the young lads coming through we do have a bright future, but they will need help, both on the pitch and coming from the sidelines.

Here's to next season (20th time I've said this!) 

23 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:

We had Hester on loan last season I quite liked him hows he been doing for you lot

I really rate him.   IF we ever go back to actually playing football again he'll be a real asset.   A good finisher.    However, if we play as yesterday and keep just lumping the ball skywards I fear he will get frustrated and move on...

STILL we persist with lumping the ball forward for our two up front to try and win against taller, stronger defenders.     On the one occasion we played the ball on the deck (about 80 minutes in!) we cut Rovers open.  But they hadn't thought, or been told, to try this earlier.   Pretty much impossible to pick a M-o-M but I suppose Bronsky for his last ditch challenge (although that only made up for his mistake for the first goal!)   Yet again Darryl covered miles.  Great effort from the lad.
Kane Hester was furious when subbed for Chris McLeish.. can't say I blame him.  We do have some very good players at City, but I think what we also have is a coaching problem, maybe it is the old - not training together enough -  something isn't right.  I don't think we have bad players (with a couple of exceptions), just  poor game management.   Surely there must be some player who has played at a higher level who wants to drop down a couple of levels that could add some experience to the squad.  
I think with some of the young lads coming through we do have a bright future, but they will need help, both on the pitch and coming from the sidelines.

Darryl covered miles yes, but can’t do his job and defend ( not the only one).
KH doing nothing imo

I think Darryl has a place in the team but he needs some quality defenders around him. Maybe a holding midfielder position if he has the discipline to play there but distribution may not be good enough. Hester suffering from lack of fitness and injury but he is not a play to feet player, his game is running into through balls and sniffing chances in the box. AM think it will be some time before youngsters are good enough to keep us in this league.

9 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

Think it was  Cooper at fault for 1 st goal !!

Archived