G_Man1985

Euro Qualification 2020

Not for a very long time.

We were leading 2-0 in Prague (goals from those giants Paul Ritchie and Allan Johnston) in Euro 2000 qualifying but goals on 65, 75 and 87mins won it for Czech Rep.

Big Jan Koller came on and changed the game. Absolute man mountain

On 27/03/2019 at 19:06, HibeeJibee said:

Not for a very long time.

We were leading 2-0 in Prague (goals from those giants Paul Ritchie and Allan Johnston) in Euro 2000 qualifying but goals on 65, 75 and 87mins won it for Czech Rep.

Rarely getting a large lead also increases the likelihood of not throwing one away...

Don't get me wrong, South Ireland get the results, but fuck me, when they need other results to go for them, they get them every time.
Why do you hate Ireland so much?

15 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Did Ukraine get docked points?

According to a Luxembourg newspaper today, they'll be ruling in Ukraine's favour.

From the shitty translation, the head of the Ukrainian FA put a post on Facebook this morning explaining it.

The case of Ukrainian international Junior Moraes is apparently off the table. UEFA and FIFA are arguing that Ukraine is right. Luxembourg and Portugal had protested.

...Andrei Pavelko, president of the Ukrainian Football Association, announced this on Friday morning on his Facebook page.

The Luxembourg Football Federation has not yet been reached for comment.

https://www.wort.lu/de/sport/fall-junior-moraes-ukraine-offenbar-im-recht-5ccbfac1da2cc1784e343558

Edited by charger29

More I look into and consider tickets for euros as a neutral the more I reckon its best to apply where host unlikely to qualify so it feels like actual tournament rather than for example a Dutch home game. Reckon it might be a bust tbf but be mad not to try for British isles ones.  Only think it will feel like a real tournament for non hosts and after the group stage. 

Anyone else applying when they go on sale in a few weeks?  

1 hour ago, Latino Lover said:

at those prices,nope

1 hour ago, Latino Lover said:

More I look into and consider tickets for euros as a neutral the more I reckon its best to apply where host unlikely to qualify so it feels like actual tournament rather than for example a Dutch home game. Reckon it might be a bust tbf but be mad not to try for British isles ones.  Only think it will feel like a real tournament for non hosts and after the group stage. 

I probably will. Not sure how it works though. Can you apply for 4 different matches just now and then pick only one from whatever you get later?

Trying to get my head around how the seeding work also. The seeding of hosts still confuses me.

Assuming the hosts are seeded the same way as non-hosts and Scotland get there through the playoffs (I know), the Scottish games could be...

D3 vs D4 (Scotland) at Hampden on Mon 15th June

D2 vs D4 (Scotland) at Hampden on Fri 19th June

D1 (England) vs D4 (Scotland) at Hampden/Wembley on Tue 23rd June.

The last 16 game at Hampden could involve Spain. It will be 1st in their group vs 3rd in A/B/C/D.

Didn't realise Arveladze plays as a striker for for Georgia. 4th member of the family to play for them. 

Fantastic result for Eire in Denmark. Get in!!!
It's a good result but they're a gang of utter hammer throwers. They'd get football stopped.

16 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It's a good result but they're a gang of utter hammer throwers. They'd get football stopped.

Did you watch the game?

Did you watch the game?
Yes, watched the whole thing. Denmark should have wrapped it up second half. But Ireland's possession was 40% and they passed the ball more than I've seen recently. At times crosses coming in had 3-4 Irish players in Denmarks box. Unheard off under O'Neill. Ireland pressed for the winner right to the end.
Like I said Denmark were the far better team but Ireland were far more positive than in recent years.

If how they play gets wins then they're doing it right.
Absolutely no arguments there, but as a neutral, they're brutal to watch.

Is the Barasic playing for Croatia the guy that master-tactician Steven Gerrard signed but never plays?

The absolute fucking state of this.

IMG_1730.jpg

Good to see Wales reverting to type - a total rabble of an outfit - now that freak Bale spends all his time swanning about on the golf course.

Is the Barasic playing for Croatia the guy that master-tactician Steven Gerrard signed but never plays?
Aye only played 16 games for Rangers as far as I can see. Cost 2.2 million as well