Todays scores 23/3

GNU_Linux

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pollok 2 - 0 Kilwinning
Cracking strike by Forde, but slightly bemused by the free kick award. As far as I could figure out, the Buffs keeper has the ball in his hands just inside his own box, and the ref books the Buffs no 8 for something in the middle of the park. He then awards Pollok an indirect free kick, but gives them it where the keeper is standing holding the ball rather than where the no 8 committed whatever offence he was booked for?

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

St Rochs 1 Cambuslang 2

Great crowd, bad result. Even with 10 men the chances were there to win it or at least draw level. Referee was poor, but to many bad decisions were made by players, choosing not to pass, when to shoot etc.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:
2 hours ago, Jason King said:
Perthshire 4 - 3 Lugar
Shire three up and cruising with 30 to go needed a 90th minute penalty to fight off a spirited comeback.

Thank feck cos I assumed my coupon was up when I saw 3-0

It was never a penalty

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Great crowd, bad result. Even with 10 men the chances were there to win it or at least draw level. Referee was poor, but to many bad decisions were made by players, choosing not to pass, when to shoot etc.

Ten men again ? There is a surprise :)

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Ten men again ? There is a surprise :)

For most of the game it was in the first half. I was distracted by a text and missed it, but I believe the guy encroached on a free kick or something, don't know if he might have spoken out of turn as well.

Eta: Theryar, GOTW has filled in. For the same of completeness, I was getting a text row for messing up the kitchen.

Hurlford were 2-0 up, through a Liam Caddis penalty and a Paul McKenzie strike, and totally dominating the match at Cumbernauld today until the 44th minute when Adam Hodge conceded a penalty and saw his second yellow card of the afternoon.
HT 1-2
Rob Roy mounted wave after wave of attack in the second period, but only managed a solitary goal thru Gary Carroll to take the game to penalty kicks. Big JC Hutchinson saved two penalties to to ensure KRR deservedly progressed to the quarter finals. Congratulations and good luck to them.

For most of the game it was in the first half. I was distracted by a text and missed it, but I believe the guy encroached on a free kick or something, don't know if he might have spoken out of turn as well.
That was the only thing I thought aswell as even Ginge there keeper was asking why he was sent off.
I thought we were on top till the sending off then that goal right on the stroke of half time killed us and it was only after there second goal did we start playing again .
Had chances never took them so good luck to cambuslang in the next round

2 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

That was the only thing I thought aswell as even Ginge there keeper was asking why he was sent off.
I thought we were on top till the sending off then that goal right on the stroke of half time killed us and it was only after there second goal did we start playing again .
Had chances never took them so good luck to cambuslang in the next round

Keeper had just made a brilliant save too. I had a good view and think he could've got it, but misjudged thinking it was going past.

5 hours ago, Monalie said:

What happened?

excellent display by thistle against a cumbernauld team who struggled to string two consecutive passes together.in 90 minutes we cannot remember one shot on target.without a doubt the worst display of what to date has been an enjoyable season.probably easier to put it down to a bad day at the office and eternally greatful it wasn't a league game.whilst not expecting a walk over previous displays had us feeling optimistic of a positive result.....were we disappointed....good luck to thistle in the next round

6 hours ago, nicotina said:

troon 1 lanark 0

Travesty of a result. Only one team deserved to go through today and it wasn't the home side, despite us being down to 10 men for over 50 minutes after the dubious sending off of Chucky Watt.  Troon keeper kept them in it with 4 excellent saves. Thought we deserved at least one of three decent penalty shouts but, had we been more clinical we'd be in the last 8.

Archived